Happy Birthday! New Member Here!

Started by sumo, February 24, 2009, 05:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumo

Hi Alan,

I have been following your posts on other sites for some time now and decided to get on to the grandmaster's site.

BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!!! :D :D :D

I came here because I have several questions about several different reels!

1. Newell P332F - I would like  to put a new handle on this reel. I see that Charkbait has a T-light handle which I would like to try out. Are any modifications necessary to put this handle on this reel?

2. Newell P235F - As long as I am modifying handles, I would like to take the handle from the P332 and put it on the Newell P235F. What modifications are necessary here?

3. Shimano Trinidad 16 Narrow Special - I would like to put new drag plates, bearings, and drags on this reel. Are the parts for the Trinidad 16 and the Trinidad 16 Narrow Special Interchangeable?

4. I see that you do handle modifications for the Trinidad. What is the process? Would I send my handle in to you and then you take care of it? Thank you for your time.

-SUMO

alantani

thanks, sumo-san!  so all of the newell handles are interchangeable.  i have a newell handle upgrade as well.  it's the same kolekar grip with a stainless steel handle arm.  it's a little heavy, but it eliminates the breakage issues with the graphite handle arms and will not corrode like aluminum.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=252.msg340#msg340

for the trinidads, the 16 and 16 narrow should be exactly the same.  i'd recommend going with the greased carbontex upgrade and skipping the thicker metal shimano drag pressure plate.  before spending money on new bearings, try cleaning out the old ones and relubing them with xtreme reel +.  i've been very impressed with the increased freespool, though i am not sure about the corrosion resistance.  for the handle modification, i like to drill out the spindle of the old grip, save the arm and bolt on a new kolekar grip.  it's quick and easy if you have access to a drill press.  otherwise, i'd be happy to take care of it for you.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=158.0  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!