Tiburon 20/0 Kits for Penn 14/0 & 16/0 Are A Go! Please Read & Confirm Orders

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 18, 2018, 06:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I just left the final deposit for the Tiburon 20/0 kits with Tiburon today, and the kits are scheduled for production with an ETA of late-May.  It turns out that due to the length of the aluminum bar stock, we had to decide to buy enough to make either 17 or 34, so there will only be 17 kits produced, and the price will be $575 plus shipping at the actual cost of postage (or FedEx or UPS ground if you prefer).  Silver and black are the available colors and they can be mixed or matched (i.e. black frame with silver spool).  The effective frame width (between the side plates) will be 6", versus the 5" width of the stock 16/0.  The frames will be Tiburon's "new-style", that is with a flange that replaces the inner trim rings.  There will be slots for the harness lugs and the front and rear rod braces.

The people who ordered a kit, as listed below, will have first right of refusal.   If you are on the list below, I would really appreciate it if you would please let me know if you definitely want your kit, and if so, your color selection.  If anyone has changed their mind, please let me know ASAP.  I promise that there will be no hard feelings.  

Because of the nature of these kits and the cash that I have advanced to Tiburon, I need to ask for a 50% deposit ($287.50).  You can send it to my PayPal account at rosygirl900@aol.com (if your wife sees your credit card statement and wants to know who rosygirl is, she can call me at 805.748.9202 and I will explain).  If you would prefer to send a check, please PM me and I will send you my address. If you are a go, please make sure that I have your deposit by May 2.  I will update the list at that time and take orders for any kits that are not spoken for.  

Sharkhunter
TwoTone
1bad350
54Bullseye
Mikeysm
Maxed Out
Foakes
Benni3
The Great Maudu
Island Gypsy
handi2
David Hall
MDC 775
Deepfins
Larry Lauve

Thank you for making this possible,

Randy

Shark Hunter

Randy,
Thanks for making this happen brother.
I am definitely still in.
I will inform the Great Maudu (Mike) and Army of One (Robin) if they still want in.
These are my Boys, and I told them I would be on the watch for them. True Shark Fisherman, these two.
I, Myself want Silver, with Silver spool. ;)
Daron
Life is Good!

MDC775

Randy,
Count me in. I originally put in for 2 kits. If it comes down to you not getting one I'll gladly step it down to one kit. I sent you a pm to confirm the available quantity(1or2). Once you confirm, I'll send you the loot via paypal. Thank You!!!

Mike.

1 kit: Silver/Silver.

2 kits: Silver/Silver & Black/Silver Spool.

54bullseye

Randy I am still in I want Silver / Silver  Send  your address to my email off to work now but I will send a postal money order tomorrow !!  Thanks  John Taylor

mikeysm

Randy are they giving us a color choice or is it black or silver. Thanks Randy You made it happen. The value of these kits just went up. This is a reel that most will regret not buying. My side plates are finished and ready to install.

Mike

1badf350

Awesome Randy!!!! am still in for silver/silver
Are they marked, serialized or dated? Can I still get the first one?
Edit- deposit sent
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

Randy,
   If Tom (CC) will confirm if he's doing a run of plates to go with this kit I'm in.  I'm not fishing this kit so it will sit on a shelf till I die. I have plenty of 16/0 plates to stare at already.
Tom please confirm!
Thanks for doing this Randy,
Dom

xjchad

Wow, First I've seen of this, so rad!  8) 8) 8)
Wish I had the $ to order one, but I'll start saving now in the hopes I have enough for the next batch!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

MDC775

Randy,
I just sent you $575.00 via paypal. I figured that I'd pay in full for one kit since you're coming up with upfront costs on these. If the 2nd kit would become available shoot me a message and I'll send the rest. Thank You.

Mike.

mikeysm

I'm working on the rod for this reel. As for side plates it might be some time before we see custom side plates. He would probably need the money up front also.

Mike

The Great Maudu

My deposit was just sent via PayPal . Black Frame, Silver Spool. Thank you for doing this. Best, Mike Franzen

David Hall

I'll get my deposit to you by Monday next week Randy.
Make mine Black frame and Silver Spool.

MDC775

Benni3

Kick aftco,,,all in for silver frame silver spool and thanks for making it happen :D I called Tiburon to order my 1/0kit thay said we are crazy  ;D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Benni3 on April 19, 2018, 12:53:40 AM
Kick aftco,,,all in for silver frame silver spool and thanks for making it happen :D I call Tiburon to order my 1/0kit thay said we are crazy  ;D

Thank you Benni.  If you would like a kit for your 1/0 Senator, I have a pretty electric blue frame and spool.  It's hard to disagree with Tiburon about that; we are all pretty crazy about our reels.