Quick Penn Quiz

Started by Maxed Out, April 29, 2018, 02:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Which Penn reel introduced in the 1930's stayed at the same introductory price thru the late 50's ??

No fair cheating for all of you with Mike C. history books  :D   :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

I can't use the book?  ??? Uggghhhh.....

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Just a flyer,99 silver beach?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Sorry Sheridan, keep trying

Mo Farley....go ahead and use the book, it might be tougher than you think to solve.  ;)  ;)

broadway

Keeping us on our toes, eh, Ted?  I'm gonna go with the 140 squidder, but it seems too obvious so I'm probably incorrect.
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: broadway on April 29, 2018, 05:46:57 AM
Keeping us on our toes, eh, Ted?  I'm gonna go with the 140 squidder, but it seems too obvious so I'm probably incorrect.
Dom

Ok, you got that one....$25.00 was the price in 1939 and in 1957

....Now I'll add another to this subject.... Penn at one point boasted about the squidder and its casting capabilities.....What was the RPM's the squidder reached during a cast according to Penn ??

Swami805

I thought squidder at first too, makes sense too since they were pricey for a penn. They raised the price to 27.50 in the late forty's though. Maybe because they added the extra spool?

Maxed Out

1957 catalog shows squidder for $25.... Not sure what happened in the late 40's. Might have been for metal spool option

Bill B

Ok....I cheated and went to the "book"  ;) but could not find anything.....so my SWAG (Scientific Wild #### Guess) is 650 rpm.....🤓  And I apologize if I guessed right....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Swami805

Here's an old one in a box

MarkT

$27.50 was real money back in the 30' s.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Swami805

I have a later one in a box with the spare spool that was $25.00. Both came with plastic spools. Heck of a lot of money back then. So they came out with similar models without some features at a lower cost but did those models also have the "fins" on the spool too or was that just a squidder thing?

Maxed Out

Love the early box Sheridan. Not an easy find

Uncle Bill, 650 rpm's is like a car sitting at idle....think more like a NASCAR running at 200mph  ;D  ;D

Swami805

what's nascar 8500? what F1 12000? got me on that one Ted

Reel 224

The red line is 8,000 in Nascar so I guess 8,000 :-\

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."