"DONE" TRIP OVER. WHO WANTS TO FISH WITH ME IN BAJA MAY 22-29, 2012

Started by Dominick, July 30, 2011, 09:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Originally I was going to fish June 12, 2012 to June 19, 2012.  I knew that the G20 Summit was going to be held in Los Cabos and it turns out it is being held June 16 through the 19.  All the hotels in the area are full and my hotel cannot accomodate me for the whole time I wanted to go.  Beside that I don't like crowded places.  Here is the modified thread.  
I am going to fish in Baja again.  So I thought I would offer Alan Tani members if they would like to join me and my fishing buddy Joe next May.  The tentative dates are Tuesday May 22 through May 29, 2012.  We will be staying at the Presidente Hotel in Los Cabos.  Starting August 1, 2011 the hotel was changed to Holiday Inn Resorts.  I have been staying at this hotel for last 13 years and know the management and staff very well.  As a result I can get a great rate for this all-inclusive resort.  The resort is changing this year, but I am confident I can still bargain with them for a good rate.  The cost of the trip will be approximately as follows:

Airfare      ?  (I expect each person to know how much from his/her location)
Hotel, two persons in room       $700.00 per person for the week. (probably less).
Fishing 3 days on a cruiser   4 on boat approximately $120.00 per person per day including tip and bait  (if you want to fish 2 persons on a boat they split $460.00).
Fishing license         $13.00 per day
Pangas available for      $180-200 per day

What to Expect?  First the hotel.  The hotel is all-inclusive.  That means the room, all you can eat and drink (including alcoholic beverages) is included in the price.  The meals and service are outstanding for the price.

Fishing, the first day of the trip is traveling and getting settled in.  Fish on the 23rd, a day off then fish on the 25th, then off a day and fish on the 27th, then off a day and travel home on the 29th.  This is the way I enjoy my fishing trips with laze around days in between fishing days.  For anyone who wants to fish extra days it can be arranged even on a next day basis.  That means that if you decide to fish on one of the off days, I have enough contacts down there to arrange it.  We will fish out of La Playita and Palmilla.  Both fishing launch spots are 10 minutes by car or cab from the hotel.  Fishing from 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. unless the fishing is hot or you have a long fighting fish on.  The captain has stayed out longer with no complaints.  Though the tip should be larger if that happens.

Fish: That time of year is a great time for Striped Marlin, Dorado, Tuna, Wahoo and a variety of Rockfish like Pargo and Grouper and more.

Weather should be relatively cool mornings and evenings with hot days.  Moon phase will be a new moon http://www.moon-phases.net/calendar/index.php?month=5&year=2012 so fishing should be good moon wise.   So if anyone wants to go let me know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

That's a really nice offer, and I hope to be able to take you up on it in the future.  My only problem is that I took all my time and then some for the broken foot, but there's always next year.  I like the day off in between thing you got going on, so you can tie one on after ya get back from fishing, and not ruin the next day of fishing... Sounds like a blast.  Have a great time and tight lines!
Dom

Dominick

Dom:  2012 is next year ;D.  How's the hoof doing?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Dominick,
I think I'm cooked until right about then, but owe my niece and nephew a vacation with uncle Dom.  Sounds like an awesome trip!
Dom

Alto Mare

Wow! Dominick, that's a heck of a deal. The last time I went out, about two years ago, it cost me $1400 for the day. I was down in Islamorada, but had the boat to myself though. I'm thinking about it, but not creazy about sharing the room with you, especially after you've been sipping zin all day ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

That's why I am inviting the members.  I am imparting my experience and contacts.  After 13 years of 2-3 trips a year I have made many friends and contacts.  I can make all the arrangements.  However, anyone can do this on their own on other dates if they want.  I will give them the contacts.  I did this several years ago and put together a group of 8.  We all caught Marlin over 4 days of fishing.  Our boat brought 7 Marlin to the boat.  We lost 2 hookups and we were in front of about another 4 or 5 Marlin that would not bite.  This is how the fishing is there when it is hot.  Look at the pictures I posted in the photo section of this site.  I met a guy from Texas at the hotel one day who had fished and gotten a couple small fish.  I told the guy that if he fished the next day with my captain and he did not get a Marlin hook-up I would pay for his day.  If he did get a Marlin, he had to pay my hotel bill for a day.  He caught a Marlin and was ecstatic.  He wanted to pay my bill but I would not let him.  If we get a decent enough of a showing we can have a tournament day.  We can pair off in Pangas, chip in for to a pool and the biggest fish wins the pot.  Sal, my friend Joe flies out from NJ for this trip every year.  Dominick

redsetta

Sounds like an amazing trip Dominck. If I wasn't on the other side of the world, I'd be marking it on the calendar for sure!
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Nessie Hunter

That sounds like an awesome adventure, I have done Cabo (San Jose Del Cabo) Many times and stayed at the El Presidente Hotel....
Havnt been in a few yrs (personal reasons).. 

I have a contact you may want to search out and see if it is cheaper.
My good friend Othan ~ "O" on the boards (nick name)..
Is starting a small fleet of Pangas in San Jose Del Cabo. He has contacts for hotel & all inclusive accommodations etc etc... 
Best Capt in the Fleet (Pino').....

Might be worth a call to see what he can do for ya????
Make sure and tell him Frank (Nessie Hunter) recommended him (for good guy prices!!).... !!!!!   ;D

http://www.pinospangas.com/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dominick

Thanks for the reply Frank:  I know of Pino.  He's highly regarded in the area.  My guys are competative with all the capitanos down there.  I am not advocating one guy over another.  If anyone that wants to come down for the fishing has a favorite crew they can book it.  I will be fishing with my same boat and captain.  I will set up others to fish on captains known for getting fish if they want.  Actually this thread has been read many times but I have had no responses from members that will go down to fish. I will be going anyway.  If some of the members want to join in on a good fishing experience I'll be gald to set up a fun trip.
Dominick

Dominick

Hi again members.  I thought I would bump up this post in case some of you missed it.  Nessie, I was talking about San Jose del Cabo.  I will be fishing out of the new marina at Puerto Los Cabos, it used to be La Playita.  It is still called that by locals and guys that have fished there before the new marina.  If anyone wants to fish Cabo San Lucas it is an easy drive from the hotel.  The other spot is Palmilla Beach.  The pangas still launch from the beach like they have always done.  If you have never ridden a panga up on to the beach at the end of fishing you are missing one of the big thrills of panga fishing.  I gave up on panga fishing.  I like sitting in a chair on a cruiser too much.  I am going down again this year, Oct. 30 to Nov. 8 and I will be fishing the WON Tuna Jackpot Tournament Nov. 3-4, 2011.  I will be staying at the Presidente, with a couple of days at the Wyhndam Hotel for the tournament.  Dominick

Dominick

Hi again.  I thought I would bump this thread for the last time.  I haven't had any takers.  PM me if interested.  Dominick

alantani

i took a look and the dates cover father's day weekend.  i should probably stick around......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on November 18, 2011, 02:17:34 PM
i took a look and the dates cover father's day weekend.  i should probably stick around......   :-\
Yes, a good idea.  Maybe if you are good, the family will buy you a new reel for father's day ;D.  Dominick

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: alantani on November 18, 2011, 02:17:34 PM
or the family might send dear ol' dad on a nice vacation for Fathers day??
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

I may be in Dom.
Those dates are close enough to my birthday to be considered a gift to myself.
What is your cut off date?
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal