Favorite Fishing MEMEs and LOGOs . . .

Started by ez2cdave, May 09, 2018, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

festus

So did I.   ;D  Too awkward to try casting that method.  ::)

steelfish

Quote from: Decker on May 22, 2018, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: festus on May 22, 2018, 03:21:27 PM
???   "THIS OFFENDS ME"

As a kid, I didn't have anyone to show me, and that is what I did the first time I picked up a spinner...  Memories. 8)

hahah, its nice to know that I wasnt the only one, if that pic become a meme its because we were millions LOL

but it wasnt when I was a kid, when I was a kid all we used was a coke glass bottle to wrap few yards of line and go fishing.

when I was holding the spinner reel upwards was 15 years ago.  :-[ :-[ ::)

now my wife use to tell me from time to time, do you remember when we went fishing for the first time and you were holding the spinning reel upwards until another guys (tired of seeing me fight with the reel) who was fishing few yards away came and told you the correct way to hold the reel, and look now, we have people that you didnt knew before knocking at the door to ask you for advices on which fishing equipment to buy, why is better this reel tha the other, , etc

yep, just like Joe said, memories (I have the pic to prove it, this my oldest child, shes now 19yo)

(sorry, I got carried on, lets continue with memes)
The Baja Guy

festus

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: festus on May 22, 2018, 03:21:27 PM
???
That one doesn`t  bother me to much , because you have to disassemble it to move the handle to the other side .
  Thumb wheel or big slot screw handles  do , i just grab them and change them and hand it back to them .      try it now .....
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

ez2cdave

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

festus

:o I thought the world record crappie was broken last week, 4.25 lbs but.....

Decker

Just reviewing these now after going fishing yesterday, and they are SO TRUE... My butt had been dragging and I hadn't fished since Black Friday. Left the lawn overgrown and many many chores undone. Was so psyched to go that I couldn't sleep until I got to the boat.

Fishy247

The "too rough to fish" one reminds me of my time in Florida....I used to hear that ALL the time! Hahahaha

Gfish

Ok, I waited for awhile, but now I gotta ask: what's MEME?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Gfish on May 25, 2018, 10:19:29 PM
Ok, I waited for awhile, but now I gotta ask: what's MEME?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/meme

1 : an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture
Memes (discrete units of knowledge, gossip, jokes and so on) are to culture what genes are to life. Just as biological evolution is driven by the survival of the fittest genes in the gene pool, cultural evolution may be driven by the most successful memes. —Richard Dawkins
2 : an amusing or interesting item (such as a captioned picture or video) or genre of items that is spread widely online especially through social media
... the band encouraged fans to make memes to advertise the U.S. release of their EP ... —William Gruger
The grumpy cat meme frowned its way onto the Internet in September 2012 and never turned its dissatisfied head back. Since then, the image of the cranky cat has grown more and more popular in direct proportion to appearing less and less impressed by fame. —Anastasia Thrift

Hope springs eternal

Gfish

Thanks, John. And good luck fishin this weekend, if yer goin. Let's hope the wind calms down a bit.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!