New Stella Roller Clutch Assembly for 2013 SW5000XG

Started by exp2000, May 10, 2018, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

I have fitted new Stella Roller Clutch Assemblies before but the black plastic plug on this particular one is extraordinarily obstinate and just refuses to budge.

Anyone got a trick up their sleeve for removing it?
~

handi2

I'm sure you know that piece comes off and is trashed. It just hold it all together after assembly. I dont know why it wouldn't come off.

The clutch will come apart into pieces when it does come off.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

exp2000

Quote from: handi2 on May 10, 2018, 02:24:49 PM
I'm sure you know that piece comes off and is trashed. It just hold it all together after assembly. I dont know why it wouldn't come off.

The clutch will come apart into pieces when it does come off.

Never happened to you?

I feel so special  ::)
~

handi2

When I get a new one from Shimano it has that piece in it. I assume its meant to use when putting the clutch in place. I have never had success in doing that. I put the clutch in piece by piece.
Gulf Breeze, FL

exp2000

Quote from: handi2 on May 10, 2018, 09:39:20 PM
When I get a new one from Shimano it has that piece in it. I assume its meant to use when putting the clutch in place. I have never had success in doing that. I put the clutch in piece by piece.

While I have only had to replace a couple of these before, I never had a problem till this one.

I found that the black plastic plug is threaded and unscrews from the assembly once in place.

In theory this is a great concept BUT note the locating tabs and lugs. This chamber can only be inserted in one position and unless the relative placement of the tab and lugs is observed during pre-assembly, you cannot simply insert the in tact assembly as a whole .

~

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL