First Look at the Tiburon 20/0 Senator Frames: A Work in Process

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, May 16, 2018, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Randy is that all the graphics their going to be. It's alright with me I just wanted to know.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, all of the graphics are on the bottom of the frame.  The frame is totally clean when you look at the reel right-side-up.  The graphics on the bottom of the frame include:

1.  "PENN SENATOR 20/0" in large engraved letters near the front edge of the bottom of the frame, as you can see in the photo
2.  "BY TIBURON FOR VINTAGE OFFSHORE" in small engraved letters (approx. half the size of the Penn Senator letters) near the rear edge.
3.  The serial number, i.e. "1 of 20", "2 of 20", etc. laser etched to the right of the base.
4.  This is an option.  For $20, Tiburon will laser etch your name, or whatever you want of twenty characters or less, to the left of the base.

If anyone wants the option shown as #4 above, please send me exactly what you would like it to say.

Thank you,

Randy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mikeysm

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Mike, if you go back to my first post in December of last year the original plan was for 20 units.  When Tiburon went to buy the material they were told that they had to buy it in a length that was long enough to make 17 units, so we either had to make 17 or 34.  They were subsequently able to talk their supplier into giving them a partial length of material to make three more units, so we are back to our original 20 units.

mikeysm

Thank Randy I do remember that's why I asked. Just paying attention to what's going on. I don't miss much a habit I have from my job.

Mike

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mikeysm

We are getting close now. Any ideas of what type of line to use with this reel.

Mike

conchydong

Wow, that reel will be big enough to tether in "Fat Albert". That is our TARS blimp at Cudjoe Key (FL) that has supposedly done everything from broadcasting Radio Marti to Cuba, tracking Air Force missions from Eglin AFB, and watching out for drug runners in the Caribbean.

Benni3

Quote from: mikeysm on May 26, 2018, 10:20:10 PM
We are getting close now. Any ideas of what type of line to use with this reel.

Mike

1150yds of 300lb,,,700yds 400lb,,,200lb ??? Not sure ;D

54bullseye

I am gonna just fill mine with a good 200 lb. Dacron and splice in a 200 lb Momoi mono top shot. It's a lot cheaper than good hollow braid and there will be more than enough capacity for even the biggest Tuna ! Then for chunking a good crimped on Fluorocarbon leader.    John Taylor

mikeysm

I was thinking 200lb hollow braid and 150lb top shot just might do.

Mike

Ron Jones

You can put what, 50 MILES of braid on this thing?
Really really cool.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

mikeysm

Who has a line spooler big enough to install spectra on this reel?

Mike

alantani

Mine might work.  Would need the reel to know for sure.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!