Monster Mag 10 **Finished Pics 10/15/18**

Started by xjchad, June 06, 2018, 10:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

I've been busy lately, but was able to do a bit more today.  Working on a half frame that will adapt the Newell 220/501 stand.

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Rothmar2

Now this is getting interesting!

Alto Mare

Very cool Chad, I cant wait to see the finished product.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Yep, getting serious now! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

swill88

Can smell the cutting oil from here Chad...  Looking good X2.

Steve

Reel 224

Good old Yankee know how :) ;) Good planing!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

thorhammer

Chad what are you gonna do with the Newell stand? Could you mill a slot in the tube for a tube like off a Tib frame or Cortez kit with two screws?

I have one you can get.

xjchad

Thanks guys!
I just hope it turns out like I envision in my head.

Quote from: thorhammer on July 13, 2018, 02:15:22 AM
Chad what are you gonna do with the Newell stand? Could you mill a slot in the tube for a tube like off a Tib frame or Cortez kit with two screws?

I have one you can get.

John,
I'm not planning to modify the Newell stand. It will fit in the pocket of the frame.

mhc

Coming along nicely Chad, looking forward to the next step. Did you turn the cylinder or is it a section of tube?

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

thorhammer

Gotcha. I meant to say "foot"; it was a long day, that would fit in similar pocket and save you the Newell for something else. Plus I know you have the skill to tap that frame for clamp screws. Lemme know and its yours (it's black so would look good on  the reel in any case).

xjchad

Quote from: thorhammer on July 13, 2018, 10:28:40 AM
Gotcha. I meant to say "foot"; it was a long day, that would fit in similar pocket and save you the Newell for something else. Plus I know you have the skill to tap that frame for clamp screws. Lemme know and its yours (it's black so would look good on  the reel in any case).

Thank you John, that's mighty generous of you!
I didn't think I could get a Tib style foot by itself anywhere.
Thanks!

Decker

Great thread!  Thanks, Chad!

What modifications are needed to put the 30-49 stand on the Mag 10?  And the Newell stand?   

xjchad

Quote from: Decker on July 13, 2018, 04:36:13 PM
Great thread!  Thanks, Chad!

What modifications are needed to put the 30-49 stand on the Mag 10?  And the Newell stand?   

Randy (JRD) posted some pictures on the previous page and on his thread here: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25781.0 showing the spacers I made him that allow the use of the 30-49 stand.  These will also work with the Newell 220/501 stand.  I don't have any more at the moment, but if there's more interest, I can make some.

The current project for my Monster Mag is a half frame that will fit the Newell (or 30-49) stand to it.  John is also sending me a Tiburon frame foot to try as well.

xjchad

Quote from: mhc on July 13, 2018, 07:06:51 AM
Coming along nicely Chad, looking forward to the next step. Did you turn the cylinder or is it a section of tube?

Mike

Thanks Mike!
I'm using a piece of 3" OD x 1/4" wall aluminum tube.