Spinner size. Shaimano to Diawa comparison.

Started by Lanky94, June 07, 2018, 11:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanky94

Evening all!

I am in the market for some small spinning reels.

I know that, for example, a 4500 size Diawa reel will be physically larger that a 4500 shimano. Line capacity aside, what size Diawa Tatula LT  would I need to compare in size to a 2500 Shimmy Stradic?

I know Diawa seem to build reels bigger compared to other brands. I am  laid up at home at the moment recovering from Spinal fusion so I cant get to a tackle shop to compare.

Cheers.

Nathan

philaroman

w/ early modern reels, used to be (approx.):
Shimano 4000 = Daiwa 3500 = Penn 3000
BUT, there seems to be less conformity these days
just look for equivalent weight/capacity/max.drag
& don't worry about the model numbers

philaroman

DUH...  sorry about my general answer to your specific question

are you comparing the Tatula LT to a CI4 Stradic (as one should)?
...or a regular aluminum one (which is kinda' "apples & oranges)?

CapeFish

O geez, is there any consistency at all?? Daiwa 4500 BG seems to sit somewhere between a Sustain 6000 and 8000 line capacity wise, but then there also seems to be size differences between different Shimanos e.g. the Saragossas and Sustains. Best to go and size them up in a shop and use the line diameter and spool capacity charts as opposed to breaking strain vs capacity

Lanky94

Quote from: CapeFish on June 08, 2018, 07:49:58 AM
O geez, is there any consistency at all?? Daiwa 4500 BG seems to sit somewhere between a Sustain 6000 and 8000 line capacity wise, but then there also seems to be size differences between different Shimanos e.g. the Saragossas and Sustains. Best to go and size them up in a shop and use the line diameter and spool capacity charts as opposed to breaking strain vs capacity

Good shout. Take the rod too and mount the reel