Shimano Triton Beastmaster 12/30 two speed

Started by Gadget, June 26, 2018, 08:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadget

After a long battle with a big shark my faithful 12/30 needs a strip down and serious maintenance.Question is parts seem impossible to find for that model.Is it the same as a 4/0 or 20/30??
Just hoping one of the other models parallels the 12/30 so i can keep the old girl going.
A bad days fishing is better than a good day in the office

alantani

here are the schematics.  you'll have to go through, line by line, and see what you need and what's available. 

https://www.reelschematic.com/reel-schematics/shimano-reel-schematics/shimano-triton-schematics/#gsc.tab=0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

G'day Gadget,
I've got the 30/50 and 50/80, and reckon Beastmasters are among the best reels ever made.
JDL Treasures stock an excellent range of Beastmaster parts - here:
Doug's also great to deal with...
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Gadget

Appreciate the advice .
now to pull it apart this weekend and see whats gone wrong

Drisse

Since you're into Beastmasters I have a question. Does anyone know if there's any aftermarket crankarm that fits a Shimano Beastmaster 4/0. I have in mind to buy a powerhandle knob for my reel.

xjchad

I'm no help with the Beastmaster, but I'd love to see pics of the shark!  ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

alantani

Quote from: Drisse on July 13, 2018, 01:57:24 PM
Since you're into Beastmasters I have a question. Does anyone know if there's any aftermarket crankarm that fits a Shimano Beastmaster 4/0. I have in mind to buy a powerhandle knob for my reel.

usually you have to save the arm and drill out the old grip, then bolt on a  new one.   :-\

Drisse

Thanks Alan. I just hoped maybe a TLD aftermarket crankarm would fit, but I guess I'm not that lucky.

alantani

you know, i just pulled up a photo of the reel and it should be the same as a tld 20.  my handle should fit.  it's $43 plus shipping.  not sure what the cost of shipping will be, but send a pm with your full mailing address and local phone number and i can plug it into the usps website and see. 

Gadget

sorry xjchad No photo .after more than an hour i was stuffed and as he was more than 9ft long (couple of hundred kg's) we just cut him off. I hate the grey coated mongrels they swipe so many of our fish here and have learnt to follow the sound of outboards.You cant get away from them easily. He was just a big lazy whaler.