TLD 10 Spool substitue? Please Help.

Started by muzzyfsu, August 13, 2011, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzyfsu

I recently purchased a TLD 10 in great condition and went to spool it up with 20# mono. The guy spooled it to tight and cracked the damn spool. I was wondering if the charter special 1000 spool fits the TLD 10. Thanks for any help and/or input in advance.

akfish

Ouch. The Charter Special spool doe snot fit. And getting a new one will be tough...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

aluminum spools should withstand any amount of pressure that a winding machine can deliver.  first guess, it's not his fault.  i think you had a defective spool.  there is a guy on this board, cortez conversions, and he might be able to make you one.  that is most likely your only option.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

muzzyfsu

Thanks for the input, how much do you think the spool will run? If its too much, I'll prob just part out the TLD 10's parts and buy an avet MX.... Thanks again for the response fellas, take it easy.....

Bryan Young

There's a TLD 10 with an extra spool on ebay right now.  May want to check it out. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D