Personal Best

Started by Lunker Larry, August 02, 2018, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Wow, that's a big dog! Caught on bait or artificials?

.........................Lou

Lunker Larry

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 02, 2018, 10:16:27 PM
Wow, that's a big dog! Caught on bait or artificials?

.........................Lou

Artificial
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Shark Hunter

Congrats Larry.
Hoy Cow! What a Muskie!!! ;D
Life is Good!

xjchad

More like personal BEAST!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Alto Mare

Nice catch and release, Larry...congratulations

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Lunker Larry

Thanks for all the comments but the main reason I posted is because we're all fishermen (fisherpersons) and we like to see big fish. You just gotta love it when it all works out for you.
Tight lines all.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

foakes

Thanks, Larry —

For sharing this trip...

Great fish, and great releases.

A Pro in action!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

I missed this yesterday! Sheesh! What a fish! Awesome catch Larry! I have hooked one like that...yet have not landed one like that...it is a rush like no other! Congrats! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

Thanks for the great musky picture,  it must have been a hoot landing that fish so long and holding it live for the great pictures.  Thanks also for whoever uprighted the rotation of the pictures.   Kudos to all...   Great fishin to all. ;)

Tiddlerbasher

Wonderful fish Larry - thanks for the ride :)

Dominick

You have now officially earned the name "Lunker Larry."  You the Lunker Man isn't quite as sexy a sobriquet as the Butt Man.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Awesome job...and congratulations on your new PB!..... now you have a new goal to top ;D
And, Dominick, still trying to figure out "sobriquet"...... think i got it tho..
Lunker= Larry
Dominick= Speedo.... ???
Brett

gstours

Thanks for the great big musky picture Larry.  Thanks to our administrators we are now expanding our horizons using big words.  So big me the dummy had to look this one up.   We know how to fish,   others use big words to describe us!    Everybody is happy! :D
sobriquet
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
so·bri·quet  (sō′brĭ-kā′, -kĕt′, sō′brĭ-kā′, kĕt′) also sou·bri·quet (so͞o′brĭ-kā′, -kĕt′, so͞o′brĭ-kā′, -kĕt′)
n.
1. An affectionate or humorous nickname.
2. An assumed name.
   Question.   Can a Leopord change his spots?    Maybe we just have to live this way?   Ha Ha. ::)

Lunker Larry

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 02, 2018, 06:38:38 PM
Well done!

That is a true trophy fish.
If the musky is the fish of 10,000casts, I wonder how many casts it takes to catch a 57" fish!?

I supose that fish was nearly 60lbs?

I have spent my fair share of time musky fishing MN and Canadian side of lake of the woods, but never caught anything that big. 

My uncle was a serious musky fisherman and active member of muskies inc throughout the 70s and 80s.  He wrote a book on musky fishing, not sure what his biggest fish was, but it may have been slightly smaller than this guy.

John. Just reread your post and picked up on your uncle writing a book. Guess it didn't click the first read. What is the name of the book and your Uncle's name?

To everyone else. Thanks for all the nice comments.

John