Rod repair

Started by Reel 224, August 09, 2018, 08:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Jeri: Your right, I only had room for the 8' wrapper which is not 8' of work area. I bought a 4' extension in exceptions of having the room in the next home.

However I have room in the basement and have work benches that are very long with reloading presses and work bench for gun repair. I have not thought of changing this area because working in the basement is very hard on my knees so I Nixed that Idea.

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Here is some pictures of the finish rod. I apologize for some of the dark pictures but were are having some bad weather here Rain and flooding.

Joe

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bhale1

Wow , those wraps look awesome Joe. Great job...
Brett

Fishy247

Newell Nut

Nice one Joe.

Dwight

Donnyboat

Well Joe, what is there left to say, everone has already said it, its not until we have a go at rapping, our selves, that we know what a great job you do on your rods, congrats, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Reel 224

You guys are more then gracious and thank you. I have a lot to learn especially from guys like Jon and Dwight and others. I am willing to learn as much as I can retain at my age ::) ;) but it is true. I have to read things at least two or three times to grasp what the author is trying to point out.

Again thank you all for those complements:............................Joe

Shark Hunter

You are not alone Joe,
I was trying to learn a new knot a few weeks ago.
It was a simple knot for heavy mono, but I had to watch the video at least 10 times before I got it right.
That rod looks great after the clear coat.
That is something I have never done.
Daron
Life is Good!

Swami805

Nice rod,the time and patience paid off.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Reel 224

Rod is curing in the hot room, next I'LL test it for cast-ability and ark. It's an older rod but I want to see if its working fine before I let it go.

Joe

Reel 224

Finished

Keta

The guides are on the wrong side..... ;)   Nice rod.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George6308

It turned out very nice. Well done.

Fishy247

Reel 224

Quote from: Keta on August 17, 2018, 04:57:47 PM
The guides are on the wrong side..... ;)   Nice rod.

Keta: I think so too ;D but that's what the customer wanted.........................Joe ;) ;D ;D