Fishing the Pflueger Templar 1420 1/2, etc...

Started by The Great Maudu, August 15, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Hi Mike & Julia, thanks for a great report & good photos, good fun, great memories, thanks for showing, keep well cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

The Great Maudu

Thanks Don and Mo for the kind sentiments.
Shark Hunter, I have been using the rigging you gave me and building the leaders like the ones shown in the video link you sent. Typically, I use J hooks for sharks so I had a couple misses using the small circle hooks. What seems to be working for both Julia and I is to give the fish plenty of time and let it make long runs. With a J hook I hesitate to do this because I don't to risk a swallowed hook. The circle hooks I don't worry about that because of the built in magical properties that only hook the fish in the lip. Thanks again for the advice and components. Everything works great except I'm not casting out like you plan to do. I hand deliver the meal the old fashion way - going into the sharks domain and setting it on their table.

Shark Hunter

I recognized that swivel.
You are nuts to swim the bait out.
Be safe.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Great work Mike! that's what its all about....except Daron is right...you are nuts! :)

xjchad

Nice Mike!
I love seeing the classic gear tame the beasts!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

The Great Maudu

Quote from: thorhammer on August 27, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
Great work Mike! that's what its all about....except Daron is right...you are nuts! :)

I don't think sharks will bite the hand that feeds them. I got tired of dragging my kayak around. It wasn't really meant to be a bait delivery system. But, once my mental stability came into question I went out this morning and bought a little 8' 32 pound yak that will be perfect. Julia can handle it all by herself  ;D

thorhammer

oc1

Just as I suspected Mike.  Every week is like this for you.  Ya'll keep up the good work and keep having fun.
-steve

swill88

Great report and great fishing!

Thanks Mike and Julia for sharing.

Steve

The Great Maudu

Thanks Steve. We are having fun. I really like the group on AT. I've met a couple and talked to several. Everyone has given freely of their knowledge and helped me out on parts, reels or rods. In fact, earlier this year Alan learned I was looking for a Penn levelwind for Julia because she has Celiacs Disease and it hurts her hand to lay line on the Spool. He sent her a 340 completely serviced and ready to go. It is her pride and joy. It's her shark reel.

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Swami805

Thanks for the report, hoping you hang a monster on that Templar!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

54bullseye

Great to see you caught one on the Bamboo !!!! I would imagine you probably went a little easy on it so not to snap it !! Lol ! Looks like fun !!!   John Taylor

oc1

Quote from: sdlehr on August 28, 2018, 02:05:34 PM
Steve, have fun with that clutch spring.
It's not so bad once you make the tool.
-steve