Singing the Dog Spring Blues

Started by kmstorm64, August 22, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

Man I am glad I finally broke down and got bifocals. I can now find those pesky dog springs when they disappear at warp speed. I just ordered a bunch from Mystic to help with the frequency of how many I loose in a given rebuild. It doesn't help that my apartment has a dark blue carpet with some black in it. drop one of those or a small rifle spring and you may as well drop it in the ocean. More than a few times I have broken out a super bright flashlight and crawled around on the floor looking for some sort of a reflection. Anyone got a better way of finding them when they "pop Ninja smoke bombs," and disappear?
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

mizmo67

If there is a better way than hands and knees with a bright flashlight, I'd like to know it, too!
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Captain64-200

Fred from Biarritz ,

mikeysm

Metal detector is the only way.

Mike

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

A dab of grease on the spring slows it down.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

oc1

The "floor" under my reel work bench is a layer of gravel over the bare earth.  When I get out the flashlight, reading glasses and knee pads I always find a missing part.  Unfortunately, it is seldom the most recent missing part but something that was lost months ago.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on August 22, 2018, 07:06:09 PM
A dab of grease on the spring slows it down.
Yeah, but only to warp speed.  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kmstorm64

Quote from: oc1 on August 22, 2018, 08:34:10 PM
The "floor" under my reel work bench is a layer of gravel over the bare earth.  When I get out the flashlight, reading glasses and knee pads I always find a missing part.  Unfortunately, it is seldom the most recent missing part but something that was lost months ago.
-steve

Glad I am not the only one!
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!