ALAN TANI DOT COM 10TH ANNIVERSARY CRAB AND FISHING TRIP

Started by Dominick, August 23, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

That's okay PJ I'll just copy a photo of the P21XN with the poil handle and post it here.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

Quote from: Dominick on November 27, 2018, 08:41:14 PM
That's okay PJ I'll just copy a photo of the P21XN with the poil handle and post it here.   ::) Dominick

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! Sal worked really hard on that for me....MINE MINE MINE  ;D ;D ;D

Here's my contribution to the swag....A blue camo set of cutters and pliers!

mikeysm

You cant eat those things. Not without allot of ketchup.

Mike

Dominick

Quote from: mikeysm on November 27, 2018, 09:21:25 PM
You cant eat those things. Not with out allot of kethup.

Mike

Ketchup, yuck.  Just some crusty bread anchovies and wine.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jlezama

Quote from: Dominick on November 27, 2018, 08:07:12 PM
I have one more package coming.  Then I will photograph everything.  I have a lot of swag and at this point I don't know how to parcel it out.  I am thinking of a little contest so that members not in the area can have a shot at some of the stuff.  I am open to all and any ideas.  Dominick

Hi Dominick and all
   How about raffles for the swag and other prices? With the raffle everyone gets a ticket and has equal chances :)

Mixed with the contest for Randy's reel biggest ling sounds fair and how about another contest for the biggest Rockfish (vermilion or Canary)?

Thanks
Juan

JoseCuervo

As a newbie I know I carry no weight, but I'd like to see everyone onboard get something versus all raffles and prizes. My luck sucks as it is, so I'll be on the bow as well I am sure.

;D

pjstevko

Quote from: JoseCuervo on November 27, 2018, 10:24:33 PM
As a newbie I know I carry no weight, but I'd like to see everyone onboard get something versus all raffles and prizes. My luck sucks as it is, so I'll be on the bow as well I am sure.

;D

I like you're idea!!!!!

The beauty of this site is everyone gets/has a say!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: JoseCuervo on November 27, 2018, 10:24:33 PM

;D

Seniority doesn't matter you may have a say.  There will be something for everyone.  The big stuff will be earned or raffled.  Dominick

Neilman

Hi All!

As they say on radioland:  "first time caller, long time listener".  Just wanted to chime in to thank you all and Alan Tani, especially, for the website.  Looking forward to meeting all of you on the trip!  The crab & catch are just the cherry on top!

Neil Najarro

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Neilman

Alan, did your trap rig with the cyalume light stick work?  I havn't tried the light stick yet, but I've used a sliding front hook and switched to single assist hook instead of the treble to minimize snagging.  It's been over a yr since I fished lingcod and don't recall how effective it was but will have them ready to go, as well as jigs, shrimp flies, and whole squid.

alantani

nah, the light stick didn't help one bit.  my next project is a vibrating ling cod lure.  having trouble finding a source of, um, vibrators in "bulk" at a decent price.......   ::)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on November 28, 2018, 03:49:45 PM
nah, the light stick didn't help one bit.  my next project is a vibrating ling cod lure.  having trouble finding a source of, um, vibrators in "bulk" at a decent price.......   ::)

You might be able to use sardines with a kazoo.   :D ;D Dominick

Neilman

I've always wanted to experiment with one of those floating rattletraps...put it on the three-way swivel with the sinker line at 2-3'. 

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on November 28, 2018, 03:49:45 PM

Alan, are you getting ready to break the 12 year old rule  ;D Dom, I here it's going to rain and be a bit ruff on that day. R.U. sure you can handle this?  ;D See ya next week.

Tim