ALAN TANI DOT COM 10TH ANNIVERSARY CRAB AND FISHING TRIP

Started by Dominick, August 23, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: JoseCuervo on December 11, 2018, 03:25:34 AM
Dominick, thanks again for putting this together.  8)

The swag was nice, especially the coozie. That could be come an heirloom!

The hat is in the wash, I left my pack (inadvertently) under the cleaning board, my car stinks to high heaven!

I caught my big rockfish on that shrimp fly rig too. I wish it was a ling or a fat red. It was my first deepwater trip so I am still learning. I am going to have a Juan jig next time for sure.

I have the Coit Electric Reel, it is pretty.  ;D I need to research that.

Wayne, you are the life of any party I suspect!

Cheers.

Rob

Rob the Coit reel is a 1950's era reel from Mendota Ca. and it was designed as an electric brake to stop backlash. I think I still have a couple is my collection all boxed up. Dr. Todd Larson can help out more about the reel.

Tim

http://fishinghistory.blogspot.com/2010/03/bright-idea-brief-history-of-electric.html

gstours

Big Tim,  Thanks for the blog link for info on the many thing from the past that I missed.  Very kind of you.  Thanks again.

El Pescador

"AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY!!!!......"

During the big swag raffle, my number 50 was called and I handed my ticket to Bryan for this!!!!

A BRAND NEW IN THE BOX Penn Conflict CFT2000 Spinning reel!!!

I want to THANK Tony at Penn and the lottery Gods to bringing this all together!!!!

I'm going to call it the Black Widow!!!

And the reel is a speed queen!!!!  6.2:1 gear ratio and 30" per turn!!!

This reel will be used for kokanee salmon on Lake Almanor,

small coastal streams in Oregon for steelhead,

inshore snook & pompano in Marco Island, FL,

bonefish in the Berry Islands, Bahamas

and plenty of other fishing applicaitons,

Again, THANK YOU to Dominick, Tony at Penn  and the Lottery Gods!!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Penn

Congrats Wayne!  The thanks should go to Alan.  Without him and his awesome site, nothing would have ever been donated  ;D

Enjoy it. 

tony

Dominick

AT members that are waiting for a refund.  There was a glitch in the payment through paypal from the Hulicat to me.  I had to cancel the payment and I am waiting for a check from Tom.  Then I will prepare an accounting and refund the money.  Big Tim the check is in the mail.  His payment was sent from my checking account since he does not have a papal account.  I hate accounting.  I just squeaked by in college when I took accounting for my law degree.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Let me tell you. I'm doing my accounting final on Saturday! Not interested AT ALL!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

The check I received from the Huli Cat has cleared the bank.  I need to refund $170.00 to David Hall, P.J., Ron Jones, Mike, Jurelometer, John Fishy, Steve William, Mati and Diane.  I paid $1,966.10 out of pocket cost for the Rip Tide, bait and bags, tip and fish cleaning.  I reimbursed myself.  The total cost for each of the persons who were on the Rip Tide came out to $131.00 which included tip and fish cleaning.  Therefore I have to reimburse each of you $39.00.  Since all I have in most cases is an avatar name, please send me a paypal address or request for a personal check.  Also let me know who you are since some of you hide behind your avatar.  BTW since you have spent the money already may I suggest that you send me instructions in a P.M. to return the money to a paypal address or donate the funds to Discover Angling one of Alan's favorite organizations that gets underprivileged children out fishing.  At any rate send me a P.M. to either refund the money or donate the money to Discover Angling in your name.  This whole accounting is a nightmare for me because some of the members paid $170.00 to paypal by credit card of which I only received $164.77.  This just confused things.  I think I got it right.  If I left you out let me know.  If anyone sees a hole in this let me know.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on December 24, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
... Therefore I have to reimburse each of you $39.00...
Dominick

Dominick,

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

DON'T reimburse my $39 - I'll be over in the next week to enjoy YOUR best Zin's in the wine cellar!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Everyone expecting a refund, please check your paypal account.  Also PM me if I missed someone.  I'd like to mark this as done.  Dominick

swill88

Payment is processing pending.

Thanks Dominick!

Steve

Dominick

Quote from: swill88 on December 27, 2018, 06:18:13 PM
Payment is processing.

Thanks, Dominick!

Steve

Processing???  It should be instant.  ::)  Dominick

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

pjstevko

Dominick

Does anyone who was on the Rip Tide know if KM Storm was on the trip?  I should have mingled more during the trip.
Also someone won the raffle for a black Hoodie with "Soundview Bar and Grill" on it.  Whoever won it left it on the boat and I have it.  Let me know.  Also I think I refunded everyone.  If I missed you let me know.  Dominick