INSTALLATION OF MECHANICAL ANTI-REVERSE ON IAR MODELS.

Started by Ken_D, August 20, 2011, 03:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on August 30, 2011, 05:18:10 PM
if you wanted to take any of the tutorials on this board and translate them, it would absolutely not be a problem.  if you do, though, please post a link.  it would be fun to read!!!!!

Great idea Alan. If you need someone to translate in Italian, Dominick and I are available ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Yo Sal:  The only words I know in Italian are banned by the 12 year olds ::).  Dom
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

yeah, i have the same problem with japanese.....   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Snagged2

Regarding the addition of the mechanical Anti-Reverse... I had some posts made up by a machinist,, to install in the brakeplates of IAR style reels,, for a redundant AR set-up..

I obtained,, I think, it's a jewelers mini-anvil,, but, any device with an appropriate hole to "set" against would work..and, used a blunt punch and a small hammer,, just ,, upset the pin protrusion against the slightly countersunk hole in the plate. it works pretty good, and the AR "dogs" work fine with them..

redsetta

Great stuff Snagged - that's a very cool modification.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Killerbug

Quote from: Mooki on August 20, 2011, 08:37:00 PM
Can't you buy the posts directly from ABU?
Where I live the posts can be bought from Pure Fishing Service (and by the way, I've also bought the IAR bearing from there aswell).
Just curious... :)

Thanks for posting the tutorial, really great stuff.  I actually called ABU in Sweden some days ago regarding some spares, but they told me to deal with Purefishing in Denmark.  My life is to short to deal with then though, as Purefishing Denmarks delivery times on spares are 4-8 weeks.  So even if I am living just some hundred kilometers from Svangsta, it is faster for me to order my spares in the US  :-[.  

So if you have some alternative spare sources in Sweden I would be great full.

/Morten
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Mooki

Quote from: Killerbug on August 31, 2011, 11:06:21 PM
Thanks for posting the tutorial, really great stuff.  I actually called ABU in Sweden some days ago regarding some spares, but they told me to deal with Purefishing in Denmark.  My life is to short to deal with then though, as Purefishing Denmarks delivery times on spares are 4-8 weeks.  So even if I am living just some hundred kilometers from Svangsta, it is faster for me to order my spares in the US  :-[.  

So if you have some alternative spare sources in Sweden I would be great full.

/Morten

PM sent with a couple of trustworthy alternative sources for spares  ;)
/M
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

Keta

Thanks, I just ordered one set and will make more pins when I get it.  I now have another project for this winter making my C4's into double dog/IAR reels and early C3's into double dog reels.    Any suggestions on a spring to replace the ears on the dog with?  Clicking ABUs would go well with my clicking Trinidads.

I didn't like having to pay the VAT though.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ken_D

Quote from: Keta on September 25, 2011, 03:49:18 PM
Thanks, I just ordered one set and will make more pins when I get it.  I now have another project for this winter making my C4's into double dog/IAR reels and early C3's into double dog reels.    Any suggestions on a spring to replace the ears on the dog with?  Clicking ABUs would go well with my clicking Trinidads.

I didn't like having to pay the VAT though.

Hi. I don't think it's do-able, as you envision it....in order to make a 'click', the ratchet needs a ramp to fall down from, and a notch to 'click' into. In other words, a sawtooth style gear on the driveshaft, which Abus do not feature, in the 4-5-6 sizes. The 7's do have the sawtooth setup.

The squared notch used would make for a pretty bumpy ride. You'd also need to figure out a way to hold the un-supported ratchet against the gear, so it would not come away, by either going high or low.

Keta

Quote from: Ken_D on September 27, 2011, 02:41:52 AM
The squared notch used would make for a pretty bumpy ride. .

Already thought of this, 30 minutes or less on the mill and the problem goes away.  As of now it looks like I'll have to make a pair of springs.  If it doesn't work I'm not out much $, just time and time is cheep.

It will not work.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: Ken_D on August 20, 2011, 03:50:23 PM

http://shop.lundgrensfiske.com/product.asp?product=12012&lang=uk   you can buy just the posts. the dogs are available over here no problem.

have someone ordered from this link lately?

how much is in dollars to have a pin shipped to USA?

The Baja Guy

Keta

Shipping from KF to Mexacali runs around $0.50....  ;D

Mark Twain