Penn 349 Drag Washers?

Started by steelhead_killer, September 05, 2018, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

New to me 349 with the thickest drag washers I have seen.  What are they made of and where can you get a suitable replacement as they are long gone from Mystic.  I did not see where Bryan had made a kit for this reel.  Dawn sells the smoothies...have never used them...any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy
><)))">

mikeysm

Do you want stock drag washers I can maybe help you. Let me know if you want the metal washers. The carbon washer can still be found  penn 113h carbon washers will also work.

Mike

steelhead_killer

Mike what is the difference between Dawn's smoothies and the stock drag washers?  My metals look passable for now.

Thanks!
><)))">

oc1

Are they thick and grey color Andy?
-steve

Keta

I have stock used ones you can have but for a user reel it would be best to find a set of the .047" metal washers I built a few years  ago.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Andy the 113h carbon washers fit the 349. Use the original keyed washers with the thin 113h thin non keyed washers. You should be able to fit a extra carbon and a extra 113h non keyed washer with the extra room. One way to find out try it.

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on September 05, 2018, 01:38:36 PM
Andy the 113h carbon washers fit the 349. Use the original keyed washers with the thin 113h thin non keyed washers. You should be able to fit a extra carbon and a extra 113h non keyed washer with the extra room. One way to find out try it.

They are close enough to work.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

I got it backwards. Keep the non keyed washers and use the 113h keyed washers. Lee do you have any non keyed washers you can send me. I have the 113h kit so I can see if I am right. It's the ones with the ears.

Mike

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on September 05, 2018, 02:06:33 PMLee do you have any non keyed washers you can send me.

I will look if I get back to town early enough.  The kids at work ran a Volvo Dual Prop into the rocks because they did not listen to me when I taught them how to raise the lower unit.  I have to see if we can fix it today but it is on a large power barge and we can not get it out of the water.  I did not get home until after dark last night and fell asleep before 21:00.

Mark Twain

mikeysm

Thanks Lee I need to come up with something that will work until we can have them made again

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Keta

Quote from: Three se7ens on September 07, 2018, 02:02:28 AM
349 or 349H?

Can you cut some?  I will give you my drawings if you need them. 

Mark Twain

steelhead_killer

><)))">