Boat Ramp Oops

Started by gstours, September 08, 2018, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Quote from: foakes on September 08, 2018, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: Ron Jones on September 08, 2018, 10:22:47 PM
Fred,
Have I ever told you I love your signature? My favorite line of all time "The Old man dreamt of the lions."

After this week, I'll be dreaming about the lions forever.

Dream of the lions Ohana!
Ron

Right, Ron —

Few folks really appreciate that book by Hemingway.  It is short, simple, basic life.

Only a true fisherman with the seasons of life under their belt will really understand...

An older gentleman I respected in my youth told me that he, in recalling his youth — was a lion.

I brushed off his comments until a couple of years ago — as I was recalling the "lion days" of my youth...

And I realized four things —

How did I ever do those things?

Why did I do them?

What did I accomplish and learn from those things?

How did I survive some of those lion things
?

Then I realized that only by the Grace of God — a higher and more mature purpose based on helping others was the key...

Our memories recall the Lions of our Youth — and laugh at the absurdity.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred
Man I got what I call "regret lines" on my face, those youthfull follies(lion-like, or not) that I can't forget about. The worst part is knowing the impossibility of going back and not doing those things.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

I use low range gear, & if I have to get out of the vehicle, I shut the motor of, in 1st low, dont rely on the hand brake, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

First of all, I have never laughed at anyone that had this happened to them...I could be next, and to no fault of my own.  Things happen.  If you notice in several the videos, it appears that the vehicles were parked and parking brakes activated when the vehicles just slides down the ramp.  I've seen a swell at the Santa Cruz boat ramp lift and move a trailer as a person was trying to drive their boat on the trailer.  It wasn't a good day at the ramp.  Everyone was having a hard time.

There are a lot of things that can happen at a boat ramp, including my sliding down the ramp and going swimming just as I was hitching my boat to the trailer.  I could have been severely hurt, but luckily only my machoism got hurt.  Guys around me at the ramp were very kind, offering me help to get up at the dock after swimming there, towels to dry off,...

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D