Metanium HG

Started by Ub2m4, September 17, 2018, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ub2m4

Fished 4 mo in Key Largo for trout with my Metanium. Rinsed thoroughly after each trip and stored inside. However, by end of trip gears froze and clutch would not engage. Got back to Michigan put the reel in my ultrasonic fo 24 hours, some movement. When open, there was some corrosion even some rust in my Bocca orange seal ceramics. Every part cleaned up nicely. Put it back together and clutch works anti reverse works.however when I turn the handle it does not engage the spool and I cannot tighten the tension spool. Got the schematic took it apart and I thought I did everything right, but😡 same result. What am I doing wrong or did I miss damage. Any help is awesome. PS I now know total breakdown and cleaning every 2 weeks will save me from future problems.

oc1

Did you push down the metal contact lever and put the reel into free spool before putting the head plate on?  The lever is called BNT4639 "clutch plate" in some models.  There is a cut-out on the right side of the thumb bar that has to fit over that lever.  It's easy to mess it all up if you try to force it.

Oh.... and welcome aboard.
-steve

Ub2m4

I have never put my reels back together that way, but will give it a try.