The 1000 Ultralight

Started by mo65, October 03, 2018, 08:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaroman

Quote from: handyandy on October 12, 2018, 04:50:11 PM
...but your lucky yours has the side cap I can't find any of those little caps for my 1000 or 1001 to save my life.

try other brands -- never know what might fit...  as long as it's threaded correctly, you actually want one that's a tad too deep, so there's room for an O-ring

if you do find a cap, DEFINITELY use an O-ring, if you can squeeze one in -- aside from better seal, it keeps the cap from unscrewing on its own & getting lost

Midway Tommy

Check your medicine cabinet for some old liquids like New Skin, Wart Remover, Tea Tree Oil, etc. Some lids may be white but a lot of them are smaller like the 1000/1001 caps. You may find something to adapt.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

gblauvelt

Does anyone have a resource with the part numbers?  I haven't been able to find that online for the 1000.

foakes

I can post the schematics and part numbers tomorrow — just got into bed after dropping more trees today, a shower, nice Rib-Eye dinner with Sue, a little Netflix, washed the dishes and made coffee to go off at 05:00 tomorrow.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Here are the schematics for the DQ 1000 Champion, other Champions in the series, and part numbers.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Thanks for adding the schematics Fred. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gblauvelt

gblauvelt

handyandy,

If you still need the part, I was ordering some parts and found a source. I needed one, and I got two.  When I get them, I'll message you and I can just throw it in the mail.

mo65

Quote from: foakes on October 03, 2018, 11:17:36 PM
Quote from: philaroman on October 03, 2018, 10:21:47 PM
don't these go up to $150+, second only to their 5000/5001 big mamas?

Yes they do.  That is why when figuring average eBay prices — I take the last (10) SOLD reels — toss out the highest and lowest — then average the other eight.

I just checked eBay...only three sold since Feb...$50-90 shipped. I bet a NIB would bring twice that. The ol' Microlite 265 has always been my favorite Quick but this 1000 is actually a smoother reel, feels fantastic in hand. 8)

mo65

Quote from: foakes on October 03, 2018, 11:17:36 PM
Many of these quality well made spinning reels from the 70's & 80's — will nearly always return your investment — with a good appreciation bonus.

Indeed. Just curious Fred...did that huge lot of Dam Quick parts you bought a while back have Champion series parts in it? You don't see many parts out there for this series.

foakes

Right, Mike --

The Championship Series 1000/5000, 1001/5001, and even the '02 series -- are smooth, very high quality, and excellent reels.

And, yes -- between the 600 pounds of new DQ parts I picked up last October -- and another large group from Sal -- and the 80,000 DQ parts I already had on hand from the last 40+ years -- the Ohana should be set for Dam Quick reel parts for a long time.

Have plenty also of the Champion Series.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.