What rod do you have paired with your P21XN?

Started by pjstevko, October 26, 2018, 07:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Just curious as to what rod you guys are putting your P21XN on????

MarkT

What are you loading it with and how do you envision using it?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

Quote from: MarkT on October 26, 2018, 07:21:37 PM
What are you loading it with and how do you envision using it?

I'm gonna spool mine with 50# Maxcuatro, it'll be used for rockfish and lingcod....

Swami805

I have mine spooled with 20lb tournament ande mono on a 8' silaflex 80h. I have all stock internals just upgraded to CF. Use it for flylining live bait. Hope to break it in this coming Tuesday
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Medium/light action ugly stick. It's all I could afford after building all the kits Randy keeps inventing  ;)

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

For bottom fish, if I can use a rod just for bottom fish, I prefer a shorter rod. No, I'm not used to typing that. The 6 foot black diamond 50# would be nice. If you have all the money in the world, spring for the hybrid, the extra sensitivity will count 250ft away.

Something you can lift with, with a long forearm for the rail is what I've found works.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Decker

I'll use it with one of two heavy action muskie rods, 7' and 8', that I like to use for wreck fishing, with 20-40lb braid.

Gfish

Shimano Trevala Jigging Rod(TVC66M). 6'6", 30 - 80# line. 50# P-Pro with 10 yd. fluoro. top on the reel. I love the pistol grip on the rod with the narrow frame a the reel. Purple frame/spool with black stock side plates(HS model) looks pretty cool. No rod clamp.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pjstevko

I went all in on a Black Hole Cape Cod Special 250G model!!!! I figured if I was gonna spend big $$$ on putting together one of these reels may as well round out the combo with a high $$$$ rod!!!!!! This combo should last 3 lifetimes....

http://www.blackholeusa.com/cape-cod-special-jigging-rods--blanks.html

This rod should handle just about anything that swims in the areas I fish....