Main Menu

Hi

Started by milne, November 04, 2018, 05:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Hi Everyone, thank you for accepting me on this forum.
  I've been  Penn reel fanatic for quite a few years, still fish regularly with all my revamped senators.
But recently I have found an interest in really old Penn reels, so much so, I have started to buy a few.
So I'm looking forward to reviewing all the old penn threads and getting more information.
One of the reels I purchased was an old penn 170 ?
Haven't been able to find out too much about it as yet.

Regards
Col

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Crow

Glad to have you !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

swill88

fordfox

Welcome, you surely will not be disappointed!!!!!!

Benni3

Hi,,,,welcome for salem va ;D

foakes

Welcome aboard, Col!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Welcome, milne, from Minnesota USA.

Frank

alantani

welcome!  take a look here.  i have never seen a 170. 

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Conventional.aspx
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gobi King

Col,
Welcome from West Michigan!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Dominick

A rare find.  Welcome.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

The 170 is a tough find...I'm still looking for mine. Enjoy your time here...there is much to learn. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

milne

Thanks for the welcome guys,
    Yes I was quite happy to secure the 170,  It's got some condition issues, a lot of pitting etc.
    Looking forward to receiving it by weeks end, along with a few others I secured at the same time.
   I will definitely post up a photo when I receive it.
 Another reel I purchased which I am having difficulty in finding info on is a Surfmaster 151 ?
  Again, with some condition issues,  So a lot of research to come.
     ( still working on how to post a photo, something is amiss with my efforts so far)
    I've been researching the forum on cleaning and restoration, so yes, much to learn.

Col