Picked up my second 113H today.

Started by SuperDave4x4, November 04, 2018, 11:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDave4x4

Got it for 45 bucks! I'd say it's in mint condition!!  The rod clamp was still in a bag and looks brand new as well.

Time to open her up!

Any idea on what kind of line is on it?

RowdyW

The line looks like dacron. You have to measure the diameter to maybe figure out the # test.       Rudy

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Hardy Boy

That is clean !! I never find any that good although Ted gave me a cherry set of side plates once.

Nice score:

Todd
Todd

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

akfish

Be careful with used Dacron. Unlike spectra braid, it rots. I'd dump it all if it were my reel.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Donnyboat

Great find Dave, you will have to get another one, as this one is to good to fish with, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

You paid half price !! Now put that beauty on the shelf and find a lightly used one to fish !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

Rolled the dice and it came up boxcars!  Too nice to fish, super clean reel.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

SuperDave4x4

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 05, 2018, 09:51:41 PM

You paid half price !! Now put that beauty on the shelf and find a lightly used one to fish !!

Ted

When the guy walked around the corner and it was in a bag I knew today was my day. haha!

It crossed my mind not use it but that just means I have to start my search for another one! They don't come up very often in South Louisiana, but I did run across a 113 and 113H with rods the other day that were definitely fished. The add mentioned they had been serviced recently. It sounds like I need to shoot him a message....

Would the 113 be worth buying?

I plan on building 2 or 3 of these 113H's for 100-300' of water for snapper, AJs, possible grouper, etc. but if the 113 is worth using to build off of I'll grab it as well...if priced right.

He also has some TLD30s, a 30VSX and a 50VSX he's parting with as well.......  8)

Hardy Boy

The 113 has smaller gears, smaller drag washers and a lower gear ration. I prefer the 113H. I use mine for jigging in water up to 350 feet for halibut and snapper and lings. I use an extra narrow frame (Randy on this site) and a YT special frame but lots of guys here use the stock reel. You can also buy inserts to increase the drag capabilities for the 113 H but not the 113 I used the extra narrow at Cedros and it worked well pulling 20 lbs of drag or so with 80 lb spectra on the yellow tail.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

so, you already had one 113h, now you have a second 113h, am I right?

dang amigo, careful with having TWO 113h senators, big mistake, noooow they will be multiplying as rabbits.
and you will want to keep all of the new breed, you will have narrows, extra narrows, standar, wide, stocks, alloy sideplates, tib frames, etc.etc

The Baja Guy

SuperDave4x4

Quote from: Hardy Boy on November 06, 2018, 04:49:37 PM
The 113 has smaller gears, smaller drag washers and a lower gear ration. I prefer the 113H. I use mine for jigging in water up to 350 feet for halibut and snapper and lings. I use an extra narrow frame (Randy on this site) and a YT special frame but lots of guys here use the stock reel. You can also buy inserts to increase the drag capabilities for the 113 H but not the 113 I used the extra narrow at Cedros and it worked well pulling 20 lbs of drag or so with 80 lb spectra on the yellow tail.

Cheers:

Todd

Thanks for the info Todd! I'm fresh to the Senator scene...so I appreciate the 113 lesson.  :) Sounds like I'm just going to stay away from it.

My plan is to build two tanks using the Extra Narrow frame or the Narrow, I haven't made up my mind. I already have a Pro Challenger 4:1 Gear Set with his drag, SS yoke and SS jack for the first tank. I just need a SS gear sleeve and some dogs. I may go with the SS Double Dog Bride plate and 10 tooth sleeve if I plan on jigging with one of them.

For the second I will be using the stock main gear with Adams insert drag and more than likely the same set up as above. Yes, expensive but I like overkill.

Quote from: steelfish on November 06, 2018, 07:13:21 PM
so, you already had one 113h, now you have a second 113h, am I right?

dang amigo, careful with having TWO 113h senators, big mistake, noooow they will be multiplying as rabbits.
and you will want to keep all of the new breed, you will have narrows, extra narrows, standar, wide, stocks, alloy sideplates, tib frames, etc.etc

HAHA! If I build one I have to build another for my girlfriend because she will just confiscate it once we get on the boat! haha!