penn international strike alert button removal

Started by Navidad Nutcase, November 12, 2018, 10:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Hi to All ,
I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from right side plate on a penn international reel.I have a 50TW stripped down but don't want to force anything apart. It seems to be in there VERY tight.

Also, could someone explain the procedure for searching any subject.  I type in simple requests  (''Penn strike alert button'' for example ) and get no results 90% of the time. I am definitely doing something wrong.
Thanks for any help on either subject.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Not sure if this will help you:
https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/50tw.pdf
And this should be similar:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=630.msg1522#msg1522

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Remove the locking hardware inside the plate and knock the old assembly out. Replace with a new assembly.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on November 12, 2018, 10:16:57 PM
Hi to All ,
I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from right side plate on a penn international reel.I have a 50TW stripped down but don't want to force anything apart. It seems to be in there VERY tight.

Also, could someone explain the procedure for searching any subject.  I type in simple requests  (''Penn strike alert button'' for example ) and get no results 90% of the time. I am definitely doing something wrong.
Thanks for any help on either subject.
Greg

Use Google as your search engine:

site:alantani.com Penn+strike+alert+button

Brings back a link to this thread. Use the plus sign to include words, the - sign to exclude words.

I hope that helps.

Rob

Print Page - penn international strike alert button removal - Alan Tani

alantani.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=26944.0

20 hours ago - Hi to All , I have searched as well as I can, and nowhere can I find a picture, tutorial, or instructions on how to remove the strike alert button from ...

Navidad Nutcase

o.k. I got it out. Wasn't that hard to do once I knew the procedure. I was just afraid to HIT IT ! until I new all the things to keep it from coming out were removed.  Handi2, you say to replace the assembly. I gather from that - it's not going to help to try and get that little nut off the end of the clicker so I can get inside to clean things up. The spring is shot, I am sure. Or so full of corrosion that it can't ''spring''

And to JoseCuervo, that was slick. I will remember to search that way in the future. "Google the all knowing  "

I'm going to toss the hole clicker assembly in some reel clean and go from there. I do not have any spare clicker assemblies. ( well I do, but only if I rob Petere to pay paul. - temporarily )

As always, a great site full of helpful people.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.