Another fun day fishing for King Salmon

Started by gstours, November 15, 2018, 01:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Sometimes after a few days sitting around the house doing honey doos a fella thinks about getting some fresh air.  We are fishing fairly close to home, butt it still takes some doing.   The payoff can be some very tasty dinners,  with the smoker going  following,   Its almost too good to not share with you folks.   Some days you just put in your time,   well you know! ;)

Darin Crofton

Beautiful scenery and fish, great job, Gary!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Shark Hunter

Gary,
You are a True Master at your craft.
That was a nice King and you played him perfect. ;)
Life is Good!

gstours

Thanks for the kind words,  if your baiting me for another clip i,ll fall for it, this time only ;)

Heres when you try your best, and all you get is one chance.   Enjoy.   Life is short, go fishing every chance you can..... :-*

We were experimenting wit some local knowledge of using super long leaders for these shy, and spooky salmon.  You can be a juror.   A pretty nice fish playes an old trick.   Dummy me.

Christopher M Songer

Can you tell me the tackle and presentation you were using please?
Always go forward, never go straight

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Butt Man, a couple of observations.  One, I noticed the red cooler was not on board.  You can't catch fish if you leave your mojo behind.   ::) Two, the music was loud to drown out the expletives.   ;D   Just sayin.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Ok,  glad you're watching the show.  First of all the way I fish for the winter king salmon is generally trolling a 5-7 inch whole herring with a bend in it to roll slowly on a 5-8 ft mono leader, behind a pink lady or deep six diver/ planer or as of lately a salmon plug that looks like a whole herring along the shore line,  around points of land, just outside of kelp lines and wherever you found a fish before..... these fish are not run return fish , butt just scattered feeders spending their life wondering around for food for 4-5 years.
   I,m glad to answer any questions,  butt you might not get a straight answer 🤦‍♀️.

Dommie,  sounds like I need to send the raw version of this clip. 🤷‍♀️

gstours

The Northwest is a great place for Salmon.   I,ll take a little hardship in exchange for some good peaceful  king salmon fishing.. ;)

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

handi2

Ive been eating a lot of Salmon with my heart healthy diet. I have to get it fresh from Publix supermarket.

Its one of my favorite fish.

Catch them up Mr Gary.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

conchydong

Very nice. I am always amazed that the herring are rigged to roll or spin for catching Salmon. When we troll for offshore species the baits need to "swim" or "skip" almost perfect or they will not get hit. Keep up the good work.

Scott