hulicat sportfishing 11/20/2018

Started by alantani, November 22, 2018, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

two ling cod, two nice rockfish.  kinda concentrated on lings this time.  10 crab for thanksgiving!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Looks like your gonna have a seafood inspired Thanksgiving!

Shrimp fly and whole squid?

alantani

Rivverrat

Some time some day I hope to get out there to do some kind of fishing. Had no idea you could go out on the boats for crab... Jeff

conchydong

Can someone explain how the crabbing works on a head/charter boat. We don't have anything like that in Florida. Does the boat have a certain allotment of traps and the catch is divided among the crew and paying customers?
Thanks in advance.

Scott

Darin Crofton

My kinda dinner, Alan! I'm thankful for this site and all the wonderful people in it, Happy Thanksgiving!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

bhale1

x 2, on what Scott asked ??? I don't know how crabbing and fishing work on a party boat. do you pull up on a spot and have an assigned trap to drop over? Do you bait it yourself?....Do you fish nearby as the pots are soaking? Sounds like a fun trip, especially if you like crab...YUM!
Brett

alantani

The skipper has 60 pots in the water 24/7. We all help, but it's the deckhand that works the hydraulic hoist.  It takes a couple of hours to pull 250 crabs.

bhale1

That sounds like fun! And from the looks of your Thanksging day spread, you guys succeeded!
Brett

gstours

Thanks Alan for the pictures,   about how deep were you fishing for the lings??   Save some lings for me,  See you in a few weeks.  Now eat your Turkey. ;)

alantani

we fish anything out to 180 feet.  i use 16 ounce sinkers.  they are probably heavier than needed, but i worry less about tangling up people around me.