Soft carry pack
8 (100%)
No. 7731
0 (0%)
No number
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Frank

I have one of these sets and I'm very happy with it. Just order the two JIS bits they have listed  separately and you are n business. Use code EatHardNapHard for additional savings:

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/master-kit-5575

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

STRIPER LOU

Great stuff! I don't think I know a machinist or toolmaker that doesn't have one of these kits in his box.

They're right around the corner from me and I've done tooling work for them in the past.

The owner is a car buff too and I see him at a lot of the special interest car shows. Really nice guy!

His dad started the business and its done well since the beginning. A lot to be said about quality product made in the USA!

..................Lou

Alto Mare

Quote from: Frank on November 22, 2018, 07:32:26 PM
I have one of these sets and I'm very happy with it. Just order the two JIS bits they have listed  separately and you are n business. Use code EatHardNapHard for additional savings:

https://chapmanmfg.com/products/master-kit-5575

A very good set, I use mine often and really like it.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Frank

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on November 22, 2018, 10:38:55 PM
Great stuff! I don't think I know a machinist or toolmaker that doesn't have one of these kits in his box.

They're right around the corner from me and I've done tooling work for them in the past.

The owner is a car buff too and I see him at a lot of the special interest car shows. Really nice guy!

His dad started the business and its done well since the beginning. A lot to be said about quality product made in the USA!

..................Lou

Hey Lou,

I didn't know we were neighbors. I live in Madison, CT. If you ever want to go fishing let me know. I keep my boat in Clinton harbor.

Frank

STRIPER LOU

Very good Frank! I'm in Wallingford and keep my boat in Niantic.

We'll have to get together sometime,  ..  Lou

Maxed Out

I have same set and right away a Phillips head broke at the tip. Guess they weren't intended for use with cordless impact driver

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Alto Mare

All my reels get worked on by hand, no power driver,.
I know time is money, but in my case, 5 additional minutes to service a reel doesn't really bother me much.
These would make a great set, especially if you work on vintage French, Italian ,German and a few other reels.
You definitely don't want to use power driver on those.

Just my opinion of course,

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George6308

I agree with Sal as I need to feel the screw enter it's threaded hole and how tight it is. Besides when you having fun what's a little more fun?
Impressive set of screwdrivers.
George

Maxed Out

Wait, I ain't using impact wrench on a reel you silly fellers

I was driving 3" screws into wood. That's when the tip of the bit broke !!

......now back to the vino and my favorite movie.....wizard of oz
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tiddlerbasher

I have some Chapman bits they are good - but expensive in the UK. My goto bits are Wiha, Wera and Vessel - they are cheaper and more readily available.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 23, 2018, 04:37:02 AM
Wait, I ain't using impact wrench on a reel you silly fellers

I was driving 3" screws into wood. That's when the tip of the bit broke !!

......now back to the vino and my favorite movie.....wizard of oz
Not sure why you would use the particular set mentioned above to drive 3" screws, but to each his own I guess...

Sal

Frank

"My goto bits are Wiha, Wera and Vessel - they are cheaper and more readily available."

Nothing wrong with those tools. I start salivating every time I get an email from Wiha!

Frank

Alto Mare

Quote from: Frank on November 23, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
"My goto bits are Wiha, Wera and Vessel - they are cheaper and more readily available."

Nothing wrong with those tools. I start salivating every time I get an email from Wiha!

Frank
Trying to figure out what you're trying to post here Frank.
You started this thread mentioning that you are very happy with the Chapman set,
Later you've mentioned Whia is your go to set... confusing.

Maybe it's just me😏

Sal

Reel 224

Seems most guys have that tool set in the industry, I've had my set from Brownells for at least 40yrs for gun smith work they are indispensable tool.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Frank

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 23, 2018, 12:52:46 PM
Quote from: Frank on November 23, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

Frank
Trying to figure out what you're trying to post here Frank.
You started this thread mentioning that you are very happy with the Chapman set,
Later you've mentioned Whia is your go to set... confusing.

Good morning Sal,

Whia has a broad range of tools not just bit sets. I like my Chapmen bits and I like the Wiha line of precision tools. I never mentioned that Whia was my go to for bits.

Frank

Maybe it's just me😏

Sal