Gulf Shores Fishing Report

Started by Gobi King, November 24, 2018, 05:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

I've thought about trying a bait runner type reel......I like to bait with a small whiting, or croaker, on one heavier rod when I'm surf fishing for whiting (just hoping for something BIG to happen by!!) and a bait runner might be just the ticket, for that.
   We'll be in the same spot in the campground, Gobi, so if you get to D.I. , stop by and say ,"Yo' !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Quote from: Crow on November 25, 2018, 07:51:49 PM
  I've thought about trying a bait runner type reel......I like to bait with a small whiting, or croaker, on one heavier rod when I'm surf fishing for whiting (just hoping for something BIG to happen by!!) and a bait runner might be just the ticket, for that.
  We'll be in the same spot in the campground, Gobi, so if you get to D.I. , stop by and say ,"Yo' !!

Crow,
You will love it, they are very inexpensive, just wait and get a 40 size, I think I bought mine on amazon when they were on sale.
I am going to fish a few of these in the pier for walleyes and steelheads/salmon here in MI.

I was wondering if you were back, grandma and I drove around the camp ground last summer, she likes the camp ground, she wants me to tow the holiday rambler to to Dauphin  :o
PM me your Cell phone please.  We need to sync with Chile and catch some fish!

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

I woke up to about 10"-11" of snow ! I'm wishing I was already down there !! I'll send my #, but, cell reception on the island can be pretty spotty......I think the Coast Guard station has something to do with it, because the farther away from it you get, the better the reception.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Quote from: Crow on November 26, 2018, 02:59:59 PM
I woke up to about 10"-11" of snow ! I'm wishing I was already down there !! I'll send my #, but, cell reception on the island can be pretty spotty......I think the Coast Guard station has something to do with it, because the farther away from it you get, the better the reception.

Sorry, I have t-mobile and reception on the island horrible too. Tmobile sent me a signal amplifier (works without any wifi) to use at home to boost signal. You can ask your carrier for a signal booster if you have spotty reception, they do not charge anything (recurring for it), I was charged shipping as the store did not have any in stock.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

biggiesmalls

steelfish

pretty big reds from a pier, those are as big as my local trophy fish from a boat !! :o

nice work amigo
The Baja Guy