German flag theme fishing rod restoration

Started by steelfish, December 04, 2018, 05:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

this time, a good friend asked me to make a full restoration to his old rod, a St. Croix Seafari series, he  saw some of my works on the mexican flag rods and american flag rod and since he is from Germany he wanted a German Flag Theme fishing rod, he wanted to use the guides that were in good shape but some of the runners guides had to be changed as well as the tip
no much to say other than he already used the rod two times casting for sierras and curvinas and the rod performed really nice.

in the next few weeks I will post my first ever fishing rod build from the scratch, after all therestoration jobs I have made in the last two years I finally did the jump to build a complete rod.
The Baja Guy

gstours

Alex, you do good work.  Even your pictures are great.   That cat box rocks.   Thanks for sharing.

Reel 224

Restoration is more difficult the making a rod from the blank IMO..................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

steelfish

Quote from: Reel 224 on December 04, 2018, 05:36:01 PM
Restoration is more difficult the making a rod from the blank IMO..................................Joe
yep, 3x harder work that building a rod from the scratch, everybody told me that but I didnt believed until finally working on a new build, man!! I need to start charging 3x more when restoring an old rod  8) 8), but naaah, Im good the way its rigth now, I never did it for the money, I actually learned and practiced restoring rods from my friends before working on my own rods, so mine ended up looking better LOL  :D ;D ;D

Quote from: gstours on December 04, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
Alex, you do good work.  Even your pictures are great.   That cat box rocks.   Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Gary, the cat box still have life for more rods.
The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Swami805

Looks good Alex, I bet that guy is a happy camper
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on December 04, 2018, 07:42:06 PM
Looks good Alex, I bet that guy is a happy camper

Thanks a lot master Sheridan,

this guy told me that he now have a new go-to rod, he use it from the beach, boat, pier, etc,

The Baja Guy

RowdyW

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 04, 2018, 06:18:43 PM
Looks Great Alex.
Fine work. ;)

Quote from: RowdyW on December 04, 2018, 08:17:21 PM
Alex, another beauty as usual.     Rudy

thanks Guys, but Im just an amateur having fun giving new life to some beat-up rods
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Brewcrafter

That is a beautiful "one of a kind" work of art.

droppedit

You've done well Alex. I always enjoy looking at your work.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

sdlehr

Beautiful work, Alex. And Gary is right, it's not easy to photograph a rod and you've done a great job at that too.

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tiddlerbasher