Armchair Matinee

Started by gstours, December 30, 2018, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here,s a  clip from this summer that has some fun, and some frustrating parts.  We were anchored on a well traveled slope in about 25 fathoms.  Ken is favoring his bad leg,  was nice calm and the harpoon is sharp.   Lets see if theres a bighter out there? ???

David Hall

I've never seen one of those fancy electric reels working so I couldn't tell if it was retrieving or if the fish was taking line until there it was at the top!
I like these unedited clips better.  thanks again for taking me on another great Gary and Ken Halibut adventure.

Alto Mare

Nice Gary! as Dave I thought the fish was taking line as well. Ken makes a good partner.

Thanks for sharing these great clips so we could enjoy them.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

it looks like the long leader was making it tough, plus the lack of current.  nice shot!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Thanks, Gary —

Nice operation — good teamwork!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Frank

Thanks so much, Gary.

Happy New Year,

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Dominick

Not as smooth as usual butt you gotter done.  ::)  Nice job as usual.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

Another great open Gary. Who needs football !!

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL