13 Stella 18000 - Washer between Idle / pinion transfer gears

Started by robcam, January 09, 2019, 02:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robcam

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help with a part number for a washer / shim that sits between the Idle / pinion transfer gears.

There are two washers between the gears and one of mine is damaged.   The shim is 5x7x0.15mm or thereabouts.

Photo showing there the shim is located.

On a side note is there a cross reference list detailing shim sizes and part numbers?

exp2000

Since it's not listed in the schematics, Shimano are the only ones that can answer your questions unless someone else has been down this road before.

Shims like this often come in varying thicknesses. Sometimes you will get an assorted pack - sometimes not, so  it pays to be specific when ordering.

I have also been told that there is an unlisted pinion washer on the 2013 model but I haven't followed this up yet.
~

Dominick

Are you sure it is damaged and not a belleville washer?  I am not familiar with Stellas but it could be there for a smooth transition and to prevent the parts from slamming together.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

robcam

I'm fairly certain they are both just flat brass washers. One got damaged when I had to drill one of the gears off the stainless shaft that they are supposed to rotate on.(they had seized onto the shaft) (I suspect this reel has been underwater)
I have since purchased a replacement shaft and gears.

And a photo from Alan hawks 2013 stella review showing the same gears and spacer

foakes

Welcome aboard!

If this would help —it 5 X 8 X .11.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

robcam

Thanks for the replies guys.    After thinking for a bit it dawned on me the easiest option was to turn some new washers. (didn't know how it would go since they were so thin)

But it turned out ok, so I've now got a 5x7x0.15 and 5x7x0.3 to play with.

I've updated my profile too, I'm all the way down in New Zealand.  ;)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Joao Tavares

That is very cool. I wish I knew how to operate a lathe and be able to do all those sorts of useful things.

João