What is Tetsuya Takahashi holding in his hand in 1:35 in this video?

Started by Reel Beaker, January 20, 2019, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on January 20, 2019, 09:30:33 PM
He instructed his congregation to tie it on with a five wrap unimproved clinch knot.  How embarrassing for him.
-steve
I think he said,,,,qing rang yi xia ,,,dui bu qi,,, ;) about the knot,,,but he is catching fish and trying to help people,,,, ;D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel Beaker

This shimano tv has lots of interesting videos, someone need to translate it to English. Missing out on a lot of interesting stuff compared to our Japanese counterparts. 

Reel Beaker

Quote from: oc1 on January 20, 2019, 09:30:33 PM
He instructed his congregation to tie it on with a five wrap unimproved clinch knot.  How embarrassing for him.
-steve
When i git guud, i will teach my cronies to tie it on with a six wrap unimproved clinch knot!  8)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SteveL

It looks like an "Ebing rig" that is being used in a different way.   Rather than the 2 hook attachment at the end, an Ebing rig normally has a short leader with a shrimp type lure.   The weight in the middle is often a heavy jig without the hook.  When jigged in open water (not bottom fishing) the jig or weight in the center causes the shrimp lure to dart around erratically.

http://www.anglers-secrets.com/a-little-plastic-lure-for-a-big-tuna-game/

SteveL

Not the same type of rig, but this shore fishing video (jigging for yellow tail) popped up shortly after the one above.   Nice shore fishing if you can get it

Jeri

Unfortunately didn't understand a word, but a lot of species are quite curious in nature, and the use of beads and the like to act as attractants is not unknown. In Europe, Plaice and Flounders are particularly targeted with beads and the like above the baited hooks, even buoyant beads.

So, the wire frame is being used to just elevate the hook section of the trace above the bottom, probably more effective on a slow retrieve that static fished, as seen later in the clip.