Some days are diamonds

Started by gstours, January 24, 2019, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Here s some footage of trolling with some friends for King Salmon close to where we live.   Its really fun to feel the shake rattle and run of these delicious fish.....The second fish got no camera finish as the camera got sat down.....  Butt you get what you get,  when you can.
     Wish you were there ...... More soon......  gst.

foakes

Thanks for sharing, Gary!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Great video Gary! flat water, good friends and nice fish...doesn't get any better. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SweetWater

"Time and tide wait for no man," Sir Walter Scott

Gman_WC

Very nice fish and video Gary. So far I seen more video's this year of you fishing that my past two years on the water.
Keep up the good work.
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

Dominick

I feel good watching you have fun.  Alaska Airlines has deals all the time, butt we don't know if they will open salmon or postpone it again.  I want to catch salmon.  I want to eat salmon.  I want to...   :P  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Frank

The calm water, good weather, outstanding scenery and fish. Can't ask for better than that.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Donnyboat

Thanks Gary, good vidio, calm conditions, they really give you a good run for your money, or were you using very light gear. thanks again, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

gstours

Thanks for the kind words.  Right now our salmon season is open.  These salmon are just wondering about in the bays, straights, and around islands looking for food.   As more fish start to move towards their spawning rivers the catch rate should improve,  butt again management will close the nearby areas May first till mid June.   This is to allow protection of some wild stocks.   Most of our salmon are wild.
   Donnyboat sir,  with all due respect these fish are hot.  I fish as light as I,m comfortable with.   And I lose some too,  buttits not gear failure.....   unless they get fouled around the motor or like that.
   I love the mooching reel as it's sporty enough to justify 60 pound braid.
I,ll try to find another video for you all for the weekend.🧐