Dam quick 84; lost nut

Started by Reelmeneer, February 05, 2019, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reelmeneer

Looking forward to restore a Dam Quick 84, but.... i lost the nut to lock te bail-arm on the line-roller side... Is there anyone here that has got one left over and is willing to sent it to the Netherlands for a reasonable price?

Regards,

Ed

sdlehr

I bet Fred Oakes has one of those. He'll probably be along soon.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

festus

According to Roland Lindenbergh's site, the 84 debuted in 1974.  This is the same time frame as the beginning of the first N series. lt's possible the N series nut might fit, but l don't know, l've never seen an 84 schematic and apparently there are none on the internet.

https://home.kpn.nl/roland.lindenberh/index.html

foakes

Hi Ed —

If this is what you need, here is the new nut with a new locking washer also — unless you still have the washer.

PM me your exact complete name and address — and I will send out one or both.

No Charge.

Best Regards,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sdlehr

Ed, I hope that was quick and cheap enough for you :)
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reelmeneer

Thank you very much Fred and all people over here!!! Very happy with the replies.

Regards,

Ed

foakes

Received your address, Ed — Thanks...

Might drop it off in the mail today — but likely tomorrow due to not wanting to travel the 20 mile round trip in fresh snow.

In the meantime, one of our great "inside the house" hunter cats, Constance — is busy dreaming of inviting some Linnets, House Wrens, Juncos, and Rufous-Sided Towhees to join her for breakfast.

We feed the Mountain birds year around.  

At this moment I can see a covey of Mountain Quail, 3 Acorn woodpeckers, numerous Steller Jays, house wrens, bluebirds, towhees, doves, juncos — all enjoying the (10) feeders.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reelmeneer

Thanks all again,

Started to take the DQ84 apart yesterday evening. Parts cleaned and they all look good. The body although does not... I will repaint it but first need to now what is the best way to remove the old paint. Plastic cover looks great and does not need any attention. I have the possibility to sandblast the metal parts, is that a good thing to do, or is there a better way to remove the old paint?

After that.... powder-coat or just spray-can?

Looking forward to your replies,

Kind regards,

Ed

Ps. Tries to post pics but they are only on my ipad and not online....so I think it is not possible to post them yet.