170lb Marlin on homemade boat 40km offshore

Started by Lunker Larry, February 05, 2019, 05:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

This is a very entertaining video, probably mostly on what not to do but he admits he was not properly prepared.
Should entertain during the deep freeze for many of us.

LL
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Reel 224

Exciting to watch that fellow fight that Marlin to the the boat, that was incredible!

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sharkman

Darin Crofton

That was fun to watch, what a great adventure!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Reel 224

Quote from: Darin Crofton on February 05, 2019, 06:55:46 PM
That was fun to watch, what a great adventure!

That was. Now let us see you catch one, or two on the new reels you have built. I'm Waiting.................Darin ;) ;D ;D.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

He as a youtube channel and has videos on the boat construction process and some of his trips on it.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Gfish

Cool! Thanks, LL. I wanna fish with that guy. He's got guts, and has a lotta fun with the experience.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

oc1

Oh geez.  This is so embarrassing.  DIY plywood micro skiffs seem to be the latest thing for guys with very few dollars and even less sense.  I started on mine last week. Am still cutting and gluing flat panels and it will probably take at least a month to finish.  It will be way under-powered compared to his and I had not even considered marlin fishing.  

-steve

CapeFish

That's incredible, 40km is very far to go, there was recently a similar video of a guy that went out in a skiff to 40km. I wonder how long it takes? Interesting that they allow this in Australia, to go out that far in a home made boat with only one engine, apparently you are hardly allowed to carry a pocket knife there.

1badf350

John Taylor did it on one of those inflatable banana boats. Twice. At night.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"