shimano technium 5000 FB

Started by bullfinch, September 22, 2011, 04:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullfinch

hi guys can anyone help i have shimano technium 5000 FB that has a worn out bail assembly part number (rd 11900) that keeps cutting into my braid could it be a design fault ? it is a two part assembly was wondering if any other one piece bail assembly would fit if so could anyone tell me what model i could use where i could get hold of one

bullfinch

Quote from: bullfinch on September 22, 2011, 04:01:56 PM
hi guys can anyone help i have shimano technium 5000 FB that has a worn out bail assembly part number (rd 11900) that keeps cutting into my braid could it be a design fault ? it is a two part assembly was wondering if any other one piece bail assembly would fit if so could anyone tell me what model i could use where i could get hold of one
struggling to find this part

alantani

i'm guessing it's a european model that we do not have here.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bullfinch

Quote from: alantani on September 25, 2011, 03:19:20 AM
i'm guessing it's a european model that we do not have here.

thanks for your reply you are right it is a europian modal can you tell me if any other model of reel with one piece bail assemby would fit this model . i have only had this reel for 1 year.

Irish Jigger

This reel is a current model and Felindre Servicing in the UK ( 01792 796584) should stock the part you need. If you have only had it for a year it may still be under guarantee.

bullfinch

thanks irish jigger i  have been in touch with them before i came on here to try and get help as the servise centre in the uk told me it could take up to 6 months for them to get hold of line roller support for the one piece bail assembly, by then it would be end of sping and my sping salmon fishing  will have been missed so i came here see if any one has any idea how to get hold of one?

Irish Jigger

I am surprised they don't carry spares for such a popular reel in the UK. This reel is currently on sale there. If you know the part number/s y try Mikes Reel Repair as he was able to obtain Shimano Stradict parts for me although it took a long time for them to arrive.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/