Corrosion Block Grease

Started by Marlinmate, February 22, 2019, 03:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyW

Just get some Yamaha Marine Grease, half the price & it blocks corrosion too.

Marlinmate

Thanks.....now back to the original question. Has anyone tried the Corrosion Block Grease?
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

RowdyW

Their advertiseing says it only remains active for "up to" 12 months. That's not saying much.

CapeFish

I have, not for a very long time though, about 18 months or so, but so far no signs of corrosion. It is fairly sticky. I periodically open my reels and if there is nothing untoward going on I may just add a bit of lube here and there and close them again. I usually use a grease called Omega 95 which is saltwater proof, have been using that for a while and have had no sign of corrosion on a variety of spinning and multiplier reels. So far the corrosion block seems to be doing the same job. I have been using their reel oil on bearings because I have ran out of reel x and struggling to get it locally. It is thinner than reel x and seems to be doing the job.

Gobi King

Did not use the product but as an engineer who spent a lot of time in the chemistry lab in college. I look up the msds sheet on any grease/oils I want to try and then go through each component and see what is unique about it.
Compare that with say any marine grease like yama grease's msds sheet and you can judge the product based on the constituent components.

Share with us what you find, it will be good edu for us :-)

Lastly, I am very suspect of amazon reviews most of them are fake.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan