First of the new year.

Started by gstours, February 25, 2019, 06:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

This is a post to follow along my recent info of what is going on in my neck of the woods.
    After many delays I finally got a decent day to fish,  and there was a fish out there with our name on it.
It was 17f at my house 🏡 and the sun warmed things up by midday to above 🥶 freezing.
   The oil stove was our friend.   With light winds and a hope and a prayer we trolled until about mid morning and a fish took the plug,  and made it a great first day for our winter fishery.

steelhead_killer

Dime bright!  Beautiful king!

Andy
><)))">

David Hall

thanks Gary and Ken, great start to the seasons winter fishery, I needed that.

Dominick

Way to go Gary. You kicked the king's butt.  I hope this is a good sign for the year.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Hardy Boy

That's one heck of a winter spring and oh so tasty !! We are lucky to get one in the low teens.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Gman_WC

Looking good Gary. Congrats on being able to get out.
A cozy pilot cabin with a stove is worth it's weight in gold.
What type of plug were you guys running, a bail cut plug or lure?
I'm fishing vicariously you and your posts  ;D.

Thanks
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

gstours

Thanks for the comments,  🎯the plug Ken used is called a Whole Herring King Kandy,  I showed itin the lures section at least a year ago,  maybe look there?  Butt I can show more on these as time permits.   I like the Sardine one personly butt the Blue Chrome plug is very good here.   Google king kandy by point Wilson jigs of Washington state and your going to get started.
   The fish we got had 4-6 herrings in its stomach and that's to me a good sign, 🤷‍♂️ as if there's feed abundance they might stay here for a while.🤷‍♂️
    Ice for the fish,  is not a problem,  snow is everywhere.🤓

Tiddlerbasher

gstours

Here a short clip taken with the fish starting on the floor of the boat.   Thinks were happening quickly,  it was a fun time for both of us.
       There is a slight view of the King Kandy plug,   and the diver/planer we use.... butt more on this soon.   Thanks for watching.   Bloody Pish? ;)

gstours

Along with sharing the pictures with you is the best side benefit of all.   It seems like I forgot about the suffering that makes an adventure what it is.   

handi2

Gary every time I see your posts I have to go to the grocery store and buy some "fresh" Salmon.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Darin Crofton

Tasty critter right there, great catch, Gary!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Dominick

good looking salmon dinner.  We are having some of that butt you sent to Wayne and I tonight.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Fishy247

Oh man that looks good! I'll have to dig through the freezer and see if I have any left from last year....

gstours

Thanks,  as promised I have some stuff for you that wanted some info on the lure that was used. 
    I,m sending a picture and am adding more information and pictures in the section lower down on your screen in the lures, hooks, rig section, the topic will be King Kandy,    Ok?.