South Florida fishing report....

Started by pjstevko, February 27, 2019, 01:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggiesmalls

Nice one, get him on the terroreyz? Miss the snook and tarpon action, keep up w the pics!
Drew

pjstevko

Quote from: biggiesmalls on March 12, 2019, 12:37:14 PM
Nice one, get him on the terroreyz? Miss the snook and tarpon action, keep up w the pics!
Drew

Not this time.... DOA Baitbuster!

Fishy247

oc1

Bravo!  Still have the touch.

-steve

Gfish

Cooool! Tarpon. A definite bucket-lister for me.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pjstevko

So my friend Connor took me out on his Gheeno last night to fish dock lights for laid up snook. We grabbed a bite to eat after work then launched right at dark and headed towards Marco Island. It took us a little bit but we finally found some fish that were hungry. The first fish to hit the cooler was a nice 13-14 inch mangrove snapper that crushed Connor's fluke and not 2 minutes later my DOA baitbuster got hammered and line starts peeling off the reel. Once I got the fish out of the pilings and pulled the fish into the boat we were shocked to see a 16-17" mangrove! A few docks later we got into our target species and landed a few small snook. After releasing a snook Connor looked at the deck of the boat and a 6" long shrimp had jumped into the boat during the mayhem of catching all the snook. He threw the shrimp in the cooler to use for bait later..... The local watering hole The Snook Inn had a 100 ft of dock and it's all lit up with dock lights and is a popular place to target snook under the lights. When we finally arrived there we were shocked to see no one else was fishing the lights. It was game on for a couple small snook and snapper but we couldn't get the big girls to eat....that is until Connor grabbed that big shrimp and tossed towards a big fish hanging just under the dock..... A few people were on the dock watching us by this point and when the big snook made a move towards his bait everyone started hooting and yelling..... We watched the fish inhale the shrimp and it was battle royale time! Connor worked her through several pilings and out into open water all to the cheers of the tourists on the dock. Once in open water he wore her down and got it boatside were I lipped the fish and got her in the boat. A quick check of the tape measure should 28.5" and into the cooler she went! After this we land a few other small snook and called it a night. It was a great way to end my fishing adventure in SW Florida!

Now it's time to start thinking about west coast rockfish and lingcod!

Benni3