Shakespeare Sea Wonder 2090 Schematic..

Started by basenjib123, February 28, 2019, 05:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Does anyone happen to have a schematic for a 2090?  Thanks, Joe.

mo65

I don't believe anyone here has found any 2090/2091 schematics. This link has a 2081 schematic...that should get you close. 8)

https://www.fishingtalks.com/shakespeare-sea-wonder-2081-.-52240.html
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus

I have the 2091 schematic, not sure what the difference could be, am really curious. 

foakes

I have the 2091 schematic, not sure what the difference could be, am really curious.

The 2090 has an expanded outwards off-handle sideplate.

This accommodates the 2 extra gears that widens the guts inside this reel — as opposed to the 2091, which does not have the extra gears.

The gears are to relieve lateral pressure by spreading out the workload over 3 gears, instead of 1 — plus, it changed the gear ratio slightly for surf conditions when reeling in heavier fish and lead weights in rough conditions.  Plus, technically, the 2090's extra gears are to allow the spool oscillation to be more directly tied to the steel crank axle — instead of everything working off of the main gear.

The 2091 was an attempt to produce a little more profit for Shakespeare — by reducing the number of tough brass gears — and also to give it a little sleeker profile — and a more modern maroon color instead of metallic gray.

The 2090, a large salt spinner — is considered by me, as well as many experts, to be one of the toughest American-Made spinners ever produced — every good reel has a couple of weak points —  however, the 2090 has fewer than average.

They can still be purchased for a song — and if one was to buy (2) — they would have enough back up parts to keep it running capably for the rest of one's angling career.

A 2080 schematic will also be the same as a 2090 — as to parts and names of parts.  A few of the parts will be a slightly different size due to the reel differences.

Later today, I will be out in the Batcave — looking for a box of ABU parts that may contain a 7000 size foot for Todd — so I will look at my old Shakespeare shop schematics — to see if any go back that far.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Shakespeare 2070, 2080 & 2090 manuals were all the same. Differences were line capacity, rotor parts, bail, spools, etc. When ordering parts the reel model # was required.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123

Wow,  fantastic info there!  Thanks to all that posted!!  Tight Lines!!