252 Tournament Dusky Delivered Yesterday

Started by Newell Nut, March 01, 2019, 10:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

The long dream has come true with this custom built fishing machine. With the 350 qt 5 ft coffin box up front instead of the standard boxes on either side of the bow I can fish completed around the boat with almost 40 ft of open railing. The GPS trolling motor will hold position so no need to deal with anchoring. The twin 115 Etecs pushed it to 41.7 with 4 of us in the boat yesterday in a quick dash between no wake zones. The Dusky design is known for a smooth and dry ride. I had tackle storage built into the CC and the base of the leaning post is a very large live well. Electronics are 12" Lowrance HDS Carbon and Lowrance radar. Thru hull chirp transducer for better clarity. Ready for some good times for several years. I have 26 rod holders on the boat since I like to have pre-rigged rods sitting ready for action.

54bullseye

Wow !!  What a beauty good for you !!  That should keep you busy this summer. Post pics of fish you catch on it.  John Taylor

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Dwight, very well thought out....I like the coffin box.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Long Enuff

Very well done, especially the rod holders and coffin box! I went to the boat show in Charleston this January and was amazed at how many 30 plus foot center consoles had only 15 or so rod holders. What gives with that? My little 22 foot pioneer has 21 without going under the gunnels.  Enjoy that sweet ride and post up some bloody deck pics!

Donnyboat

Looks great Dwight, have fun, catch plenty, but, leave some in the ocean for me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

Dwight, that's a beautiful well thought out boat. A real dream boat.     Rudy

conchydong

Nice ride Dwight. 41.7 is pretty quick for just having twin 115s as Duskys are pretty heavy. That should give you pretty good fuel economy as opposed to going with larger engines. Can't wait for the fishing reports.

Scott

Newell Nut

Thanks everyone. The fish pics will be coming soon. The season is not quite fired up good yet so have time to play with electronics and get a good feel for the boat for a couple weeks. April is when it starts to heat up here.

Dwight

Hardy Boy

All I can say is WOW, Nice ride !!!! One of the few boats I've seen with a proper size beer cooler !! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Dominick

Yep, that is one beautiful boat.  Nicely turned out.  Where are you launching?  I need a Florida trip.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 01, 2019, 06:22:38 PM
Congrats on that sweet ride Dwight! ;)
What is her name?
Hey Daron, go back and look at the second photo.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Nice boat!  Why'd you go with 2-strokes?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!