How many is enough? I think I need to stop...

Started by orsteelheader, March 02, 2019, 10:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orsteelheader

I know many of you fix and maintain reels for a living or side job. Me, I like doing the maintenance on my Ambassadeurs almost as much as fishing with them. I've recently returned to fishing with reels and have been on a minor buying spree between Evilbay and a local fishing forum. I now have 3 6501 C3s, 3 5501 C3s 3 4601 C3s and 1 3500C. I might fish 2-3 days each month, mostly beach casting for perch and off the jetties for rock cod and lings.

Do I have a problem?  ;D  Maybe this is the wrong group to be asking after reading through the thread on collections... :D

Jay
Enjoy the ride!!!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

You obviously have a problem but a few more reels will help.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Fishy247

Yup. Sounds like you have a pretty serious problem. A good solution for you would be to head to your nearest BPS or Cabela's and pick yourself up a nice, new Ambassadeur...

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Tiddlerbasher

Benni3

Yes,,,,, my friend you got a small problem,,,,,,you have no idea of how far it goes,,,,,, ;D

Gfish

A new or used-old-stock reel is fun, interesting, stimulating, even a "new adventure" of sorts. There's alot of cool stuff that comes along with it: Old stock; history/ possible collectability, ratings, service, repairs, possible upgrades and your own construction & performance ratings. NEW; ratings & reviews, evolution, pre-fishing service, personal performance & engineering ratings.
Lately, I'm startin to get the itch: DAM Quick?, an Italian or English spinner model? An old Fin-Nor? My first Penn International?...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

Naw brother....it's not a problem......YET!   ;D. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

David Hall

redsetta

I agree with Lee, a few more reels will help...  ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Midway Tommy

I disagree with some of the others.  ??? You absolutely do not have a problem.......YET........You need to indulge quite a bit more heavily, as Bill B referenced!  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

Only you can judge whether or not you have a problem —

Plus, if you think you have a serious issue — it is already too late — so you might as well just continue.

I hear tell that about 90% of the things in the world — are much worse than collecting reels.

Just like the song by the group Kansas — "Carry On My Wayward Son"...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

beancounter

I heard about a 10 or 12 step program for an addiction like this. Guess 10 or 12 steps to your computer and get on ebay and buy some more.

tholmes

You don't have a problem. I only counted 10 Ambassadeurs. I have at least 20 (at last count) and I don't have a problem. ::)

Tom