New member in Virginia

Started by beancounter, March 04, 2019, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beancounter

Just want to say hello and thanks to all that have posted so many great tutorials and tips. I have serviced and put CF drags in my Calcutta 250,400 Tekota 800,Penn 310,320,330,340,345 and Abu Garcia Morrum 7700CT. That last one being the toughest as I messed the dog clips up and had no tutorial. I posted a thread in the Shimano forum and am going crazy on a friends 700. Help if you can and after tax season I will try and post a tutorial on the Morrum 7700 as there isn't one.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Savage87

** SAVAGE LIFE **

Benni3

Donnyboat

Welcome Beancounter, sounds good, looking forward to the shimano tutorial, how did you get that name, should be, fishcounter, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

beancounter

CPA is the beancounting. Old fishing buddy called me that and it stuck. He's gone now wish he were still here for one more trip. That guy watched a fish pull one of Calcutta 250s overboard while I had my back turned for a second. Note to self: put it in a holder. Guessing he is laughing still at that one.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Dominick

Welcome.  Dominick, San Mateo, CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

beancounter

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 04, 2019, 10:27:02 PM
Welcome! Where in VA?
I live near Richmond right now but just bought a place I am fixing up for retirement in a year or two at the mouth of the Potomac and the Chesapeake. Pretty stoked got my own dock and boat lift finally. 200 yds to the bay by boat.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

swill88