Fourth generation angler...

Started by Alto Mare, March 15, 2019, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Caught this pic on Penn Vintage Reels, there is actually a cool video, but I wasn't able to download

This young champ was using Penn gear handed down from his great-grandfather...love the pic!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cor

Cornelis

Darin Crofton

That video was awesome, Sal, great memories made that day!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Donnyboat

Thanks Sal, great pic, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Gobi King

Nice, that is a good looking spec,
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

El Pescador

Always start them young!

Sal, any idea what vintage Penn reel the young angler used to haul in this gorgeous Sea Trout???

Inquiring Minds....

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: El Pescador on March 15, 2019, 02:52:10 PM
Always start them young!

Sal, any idea what vintage Penn reel the young angler used to haul in this gorgeous Sea Trout???

Inquiring Minds....

Wayne
Got it wrong Wayne, the rod was handed down from his great grandfather, it was built in 1930.
The reel was his father's 4300SS...still very cool...

sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

festus

Great catch by the little lad.

At first I thought he was your great-grandson, but I know you ain't old enough, Sal (but I am).  ;D

Dominick

Quote from: festus on March 15, 2019, 03:38:52 PM

At first I thought he was your great-grandson, but I know you ain't old enough, Sal (but I am).  ;D

You can't go by the avatar picture of Sal.  Rumor has it he posed for that picture 25 years ago.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Dominick on March 15, 2019, 09:09:34 PM
Quote from: festus on March 15, 2019, 03:38:52 PM

You can't go by the avatar picture of Sal.  Rumor has it he posed for that picture 25 years ago.   :D  Dominick

Ha! Kind of like Real Estate agents that, in their advertising, never seem to age?   ;)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Alto Mare

mo65

I watched that vid on FB today too, and When the fellow said the rod was made in the 30s I thought...wait...did they have spinning rods in the 30s? Maybe it was an old casting blank they added spinning guides to. At any rate...it catches fish...really well! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Mo, the first spinning reels were introduced in America in the 1800.
Not that it matters🙂.

Sal

Shark Hunter

I don't facebook, Instagram, twitter or text.
I like it that way and that young man's picture is all I need. ;)
Thanks for posting that up Sal.
Life is Good!