Personal Messenging etiqette

Started by Navidad Nutcase, March 18, 2019, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

I am wondering what the etiquette is reguarding sending someone a personal message.  Is this service used like an email ? What I mean is, if I have someone in my email contact list and want to ask them a question, I just send an email. Is it the same here or do I have to be invited by a person to send them a personal message ? Thanks
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I believe most times it is used for private information, as address or phone number.
There might be some that don't like to share that information with everyone.
Some use it for other purposes, but I'm not going there🙂.

By the way, I think by now everyone knows who I am and where I live😁

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

festus

Very similar to email except you can't attach files or pictures, or at least I don't know how.

Bryan Young

It is also used to ask a specific person additional information or ask what one may perceive as a stupid or irrelevant question that one may embarrassed to post.  Note, for myself, there are no stupid or irrelevant questions.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: festus on March 18, 2019, 03:40:33 PM
Very similar to email except you can't attach files or pictures, or at least I don't know how.
You need to download your pics first. I use Imgur,  copy from there and paste on a PM

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Navidad Nutcase

O.K. got it. I want to ask someone a specific question about a specific reel and didn't know if that was appropriate. Now I am sure it is. Thanks for all the ifo.
Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 18, 2019, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: festus on March 18, 2019, 03:40:33 PM
You need to download your pics first. I use Imgur,  copy from there and paste on a PM

Sal

You can attach any photo from your "My Gallery", or the main "Gallery", if there's something stored here at AT just like you do in a tutorial.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

happyhooker

The value of posting it on the site (vs. PM) is that we all get to benefit from any knowledge exchanged.  Of course, there are some tings that maybe are personal & need a PM.

Frank

Dominick

Quote from: Navidad Nutcase on March 18, 2019, 05:30:59 PM
O.K. got it. I want to ask someone a specific question about a specific reel and didn't know if that was appropriate. Now I am sure it is. Thanks for all the ifo.
Greg
I would suggest that you ask the question on the thread so we all get the benefit of the answer.  If the question is not of a general nature is meant to be private, then go ahead and PM.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.