What the Northwest is good for

Started by gstours, March 23, 2019, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Because its the weekend and fishing has slowed for me I thought of revving myself and you too.  Here is a little clip i made of some fun trolling in the winter/spring fairly close to where we live.
  See what you think.  I wish you were there.  I hope to do this again reel soon. ;)

MarkT

Epic... Knocking the ice off the pliers! Did you have to shovel the t-top at the end of the day too? Man, you're dedicated!  Looks like a good day to sit in front of the fire while nursing a brandy.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Dominick

Gary, you shouldn't just put those fish on the deck, you have to ice them down.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

I guess its a good way to keep down bacterial growth!
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Frank

Hi Gary,

What make and model numbers are those reels and rods?

Thanks,

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

gstours

Frankly,🚶‍♂️I,m not sure of the exact rod numbers, but I can get them I 🤔, the rods are on the boat 🚣‍♀️ currently.  The Diana m-one mooching reel is one we use a lot,  it's paired with a Lamiglass 9 ft, casting rod that was modified by adding a longer fore grip and shortened the butt to a foot to reelseat center.
    It's a specialized rod for trolling.
I'll get back with more info soon.   Thanks 🙏.

gstours

This fish was caught on this setup.  Its better to have even longer rods in my experience,  The other rod sed on the gunnel during the video is a Okuma xh  Celilo 10.5 footer with 6 inches removed from the tip and its got a heavier action.   The lamiglass cost about a hundred nowadays butt the Celilo is still under 75 and a pretty good rod as is.   I prefer the Moocing style rods for this trolling,  a shorter butt, and a longrt foregrip is my  thing.  I replace the butts generally get a Slickbutt,  and its great for getting the rod out of the holder with the fish pulling hard,  compared to neoprene.   thanks for the interest.   keep asking,   i.ll reply asap. ;)

gstours

This is the bomb ,   evolution, and change, addapt, tinker. :)

Thanks for going on a little trip my out my way.   :-*

Frank

Quote from: gstours on March 25, 2019, 03:25:09 PM
Frankly,🚶‍♂️I,m not sure of the exact rod numbers, but I can get them I 🤔, the rods are on the boat 🚣‍♀️ currently.  The Diana m-one mooching reel is one we use a lot,  it's paired with a Lamiglass 9 ft, casting rod that was modified by adding a longer fore grip and shortened the butt to a foot to reelseat center.
    It's a specialized rod for trolling.
I'll get back with more info soon.   Thanks 🙏.

Don't go crazy looking, Gary. I just thought you might know off the top of your head. Nice setups!!!
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.