Charter special for 4kg?

Started by ScottOz, March 27, 2019, 10:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottOz

Hi Guy's, do you think that a shimano charter special could have the drag optimised for fishing 4kg line? I have not owned a charter special so have no idea if it would be possible. I have two tld 25 that I have speed for 15kg line. Or any other lever drag reels in same price range that could work for 4kg.I would take the level wind off a charter special.
Cheers Scott

conchydong

Scott. I would check out the Penn fathom lever drag 15 as an alternative to the Charter Special. Might be a few dollars more but not much. Wouldn't have to remove the level wind either.

Scott

exp2000

Internally, the Charter special is very similar to the TLD series.

Considering the sizes in the TLD range I think that the 1000 model may be a likely candidate if you can source one.

likewise, If you can find one, a TLD 10 may be a more practical choice as it has no levelwind.
They pop up on Gumtree from time to time.

I have never see any Specials come in with line anywhere near that light.
Chasing a line class record Scott?
~

ScottOz

Thinking about chasing some light tackle records for whaler sharks. Here in qld must let them go if over 1.5mtr. Have never done any record fishing so thought that some of the little guys we get on 15kg would definitely be fun at the least. The 3kg record is a 45kg shark caught here in Moreton Bay. The 4kg spot is totally vacant. Just got to have a crack. Also think it helps to become a better angler. Might keep a eye out online to see if a 5 or 10 tld pops up.
Scott