Shimano Stella 6000FA line roller

Started by PeterY, March 28, 2019, 01:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterY

Greetings from the east coast. I'm hoping someone can offer me advice. Normally, I would send this reel to Shimano to have it fixed using the platinum service, but they no longer service this reel.

Recently, I noticed my braid line is "scuffed" up pretty good and I found the culprit. When I'm reeling in my fish, the running line is wedged between the roller and the bail. So, when I have a decent fish on, the pressure of the fight caused the scuff ( I had to respool my reel).

My question is, what do I need to do to fix it? What part will I need? What is the estimated cost for this part?

Thank you in advance,
Peter

alantani

hopefully one of our more knowledgeable spinner guys will chime in.  these high end spinners are not something that many of us work on.  there is also alan hawk, though i am not sure how to contact him.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

philaroman

methinks, you just flipped the roller (unless you're missing parts)

don't know Stellas, but if I remember right, Sustain FA only works one way -- otherwise, it's off-center & causes exactly what you described

exp2000

Parts for an FA would be about as rare as Unicorn shite!
~

PeterY

Yeah, I'm just starting to notice this after some google search. I just have to make sure I place the line onto the line roller after I make my cast so that it doesn't get wedged between the line roller and bail.

But I'm still not going to give up to look for a resolution.

philaroman

Quote from: exp2000 on March 28, 2019, 03:57:22 PM
Parts for an FA would be about as rare as Unicorn shite!
~

I know genuine individual parts are unique unobtainium, but can he drop in a complete "end-to-end assembly" from a lower '03 model?  ...Sustain 6000FD, maybe?

Wolli

In my opinion is the Line Roller not the problem.
Recomm to remove one or both Adjusting Washers (RD8216) for closer fit.

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

PeterY

Looking at the pic, is this the one all the way on the left?